TTI 2 1/8 step headers question.

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a low deck with trickflow 240 heads, I have the milodon super stock external pick up oil pan. (Single line)
I read on TTI website a list of pans that they know of that works with those headers and my pan isn't listed.
I look at the headers and see no reason why they wouldn't work.
Anyone run this exact combo ???
I will call TTI tomorrow if they're open to see what they say too.
Thanks

I have a low deck with trickflow 240 heads, I have the milodon super stock external pick up oil pan. (Single line)
I read on TTI website a list of pans that they know of that works with those headers and my pan isn't listed.
I look at the headers and see no reason why they wouldn't work.
Anyone run this exact combo ???
I will call TTI tomorrow if they're open to see what they say too.
Thanks
What did you find out? I'm at the point of making a decision to use the Milodon external pick up pan or the MP 6-Qt Hemi pan. Inquiring minds want to know. Appreciate you getting out in front of this.

What did you find out? I'm at the point of making a decision to use the Milodon external pick up pan or the MP 6-Qt Hemi pan. Inquiring minds want to know. Appreciate you getting out in front of this.
Oh yeah, tti said it will work. She mentioned something about not working on some wider sump pans but I don't know exactly what ones she was meaning. I have to wait until March for my headers I think because the coated ones are out of stock.

Thanks for the update. I think the pans TTI was referencing were the 'road race' pans that have a wider kick out in the sump at the very bottom of the pan. I'll bet your SS pan & single external oil line will be fine. Maybe someone with a similar set up will chime in here & let us know for certain. Maybe ask this in the Race section as that's likely where it is more common.

Well, there we go. Jeremiah, thanks for clearing that up. Now I wonder what 'wider sump' pans TTI says may have interference problems?

Well, there we go. Jeremiah, thanks for clearing that up. Now I wonder what 'wider sump' pans TTI says may have interference problems?
Wider at stock depth is the problem area

Thanks for the update. I think the pans TTI was referencing were the 'road race' pans that have a wider kick out in the sump at the very bottom of the pan. I'll bet your SS pan & single external oil line will be fine. Maybe someone with a similar set up will chime in here & let us know for certain. Maybe ask this in the Race section as that's likely where it is more common.
I figured asking an exhaust question in the exhaust forum would make it more common lol

One caveat I remebered is that you need a low profile -12 fitting for the pan end of the pickup line. I used an XRP fitting on one and I will have to check the other. I think that car was done in Aeroquip Push-lok.

...She mentioned something about not working on some wider sump pans but I don't know exactly what ones she was meaning.
Sorry Maga, I was locked in on the wide sump pan thing. I figured more folks in the Race section would see the question & respond.

Jeremiah, did you use a remote filter or just the external line?

Just an external line with updated Milodon pump covers.

1986 World of Wheels Aurorama called and they wanted their remote filter setup back lol.

-
Back