tti headers

-

66dartman

Reaction score
I took the plunge and bought the tti early a headers to replace the Doug's I had on the car.
The tti fitment is not as good as the Doug's. Even though my crank centerline was the 4-3/4" required by the instructions, I still had to shim the pass. side motor mount 1/4" to clear the idler arm. So far I am having to modify my shifter cable, brake lines, rear trans cooler line and the tti x-pipe exhaust adapters. Even though I have the complete tti x-pipe exhaust system, it will not bolt up without much modification and colorful langauge. The tti headers are beautiful and should work great, but they are more difficult to install than the Doug's.

I'm installing some too, but the car is just a shell mostly right now. Did the trans cross member modification. Plan on running brake lines on tire side of driver inner fender. I still need to install the 90 degree oil filter adapter now with the bolt modified or the 3/4 head bolt. It is a lot of work, but seems everything on the early cars is harder and more expensive. I feel your fustrations.

They are not very easy to install but they are a big header in a small car, i had shim one side of my motor also, the brake lines were real fun too.

-
Back