tti vs. hooker

-

345man

mopar member
Reaction score
i am now running a set of hookers 1 5/8 headers on a 340, in the spring i plan on buying a set of tti step down headers. has anyone done an et comparison or a dyno test between the headers or similiar matched headers? thanks : :

When I replaced my Hookers with the TTI my car gained 1 tenth and 1 MPH. But I guess it would have alot to do with different engine setups.

Fred B

thanks my combo is a 340 bored 30,10.7 compression without heat disapation factored in, stage 3 hughes edelbrock heads, victor intake, 540-549 solid lift cam, 750 quickfuel carb, 3800 ptc convertor, and 4.10 gear.

I used my 1 5/8 headers from the prior 360 on my 408 for three years, always suspected they were a bottle neck. I did some trading and ended up installing the Hooker 1 3/4 units. Since the car is mainly used for drags, I had accumulated lots of timeslips to base the resulting change on . I gained an average of .4 sec in the 1/4 and roughly 3mph. Not all the gain were from the headers though, I had to ditch the P/S and go to manual to get them in. By far, the largest gain in performance Ive had with various upgrades to the 408 over the past 5 years.
My buddy did the same swap with his Dart Sport 360 after seeing my gain, we are figuring just a titch under .3 gain with his.
I know this didnt directly answer your question as to the step vs. Hooker 1 3/4 , but thought I'd pass it along and hope it helps someone out their.

thanks for the info. .4 secs is a whole lot to pick up any way you look at it. I had also wondered how much the big tubes would pick up and if anybody had tried them, you answered before i could ask. I appreciate the help.

-
Back