[FOR SALE] Tuff Wheel adapters

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delrin is a trade name Dupont/Celanese has on their acetal or POM (polyoxymethacrylate) plastic. It is known for its inherent lubricity, so painting it might be a challenge. Regarding UV stability, SOME grades of Delrin are UV stabilized, MOST are not.

I am interested for sure. I too would like to know how they hold paint and exactly how you would like me to measure for a custom length. I assume overall length.
2.0" is as short as we can go.

Just wanted put out an update on this. We will no longer be providing the splined part of this. If you buy a Tuff Wheel adapter from us you will need to purchase the Grant 3314 mounting kit to put the adapter on your column. Summit sells these for around $25 so, the total cost you will have in the adapter is $100 plus any shipping costs. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I picked one of these up recently. It is a nice heavy duty piece and I believe it will hold up well. I havent yet installed it but I am planning to in the near future. A Grant adapter kit part # 3314 is needed. On an A body I believe without the adapter the Tuff wheel is really close to the dash pad. Shipping was quick also. I will post an update after the install.

Another update...Due to the current cost of material there will be a cost increase to $100. If you already have an order in you will be charged the original price. I hated to do this but, the current material price forced our hand.

Sounds like a great option ! Do you know if they will hold up in a manual steer car with the added stress placed on them? If so, i`m in !

I received mine today and it is very nice and excellent quality. It will look perfect on my 71 Duster.

2D669417-258B-42CE-94BB-ED65A8B56F2B.jpeg

2E559DD9-6CE8-4118-8086-F198FD80DB5F.jpeg

I want to add to this by letting everybody know these only fit 70 and up columns for right now. We are working with an absolutely fantastic member here to get the correct measurements for the 69 and earlier columns....stay tuned.

Hello all, I put together a video of my install. I will post the link. OP, I also plugged your product and provided a link to this thread. So far, so good nice product. I did some improvising with the horn button Ill make another video on that.

I want to add to this by letting everybody know these only fit 70 and up columns for right now. We are working with an absolutely fantastic member here to get the correct measurements for the 69 and earlier columns....stay tuned.

Dimensions for 69 or earlier provided! I want to say that I’m a fan!! We had to remachine the back due to the diff in 70-up columns but who knew?? Learn something everyday I guess.

Anywho…NICE piece, grant adapter and all fasteners included, very well packaged.

If you’re not doing a correct restoration and want a tuff wheel (like me) this is the cats meow! Great thinking!!! Excuse the mess; hadn’t vacuumed yet…

8E83BC5E-148B-4BD2-A4DF-B3B6502462B9.jpeg

05520AA5-AFE4-4D8D-8CFD-45D67855DBA9.jpeg

ED0822B3-6756-44D9-8B48-5CC6CAB547C3.jpeg

Will these adaptors also work for the Challenger/Cuda sport wheels?

319014387_177138821602314_6072150675988228606_n.jpg

Awesome! Thats good to know. I have the factory adaptor but i dont have a seat in my car yet so i dont know if it will stick out too far for me or not.

Thanks to @dusterdoug for being an absolute great guy to deal with. He has helped in getting the correct dimensions for 69 and earlier columns. He is a class act!! Thanks Doug!!

Thanks to @dusterdoug for being an absolute great guy to deal with. He has helped in getting the correct dimensions for 69 and earlier columns. He is a class act!! Thanks Doug!!

No worries! It was great talking to you and as I said in my post, GREAT thinking on this!

I wanted to add that mine was in the $200 range with everything it may fall just under $250. That's with the Grant Repro wheel. I am happy with mine :)

I want to pass along some information. I have had questions about hooking up the horn. The adapter is a plastic so it insulates the horn circuit. The Grant 3314 adapter has a horn wire that goes to the tab on the steering wheel like normal. The only thing needed to do to make it work is run a wire from the bolts that mount the adapter to the Grant part then, run that wire up to one of the bolts that secure the steering wheel to the tuff wheel adapter. Below is a couple pictures, the added wire is in yellow. Hopefully these pictures are good enough to see what's going on.

Thanks!!

20221213_160508.jpg

20221213_160433.jpg

are you taking orders to get a run going or do you have the adapters made and ready to turn and burn ? how would I get payment to you have not bought anything from FABO before

are you taking orders to get a run going or do you have the adapters made and ready to turn and burn ? how would I get payment to you have not bought anything from FABO before
We have a few made already and, I accept PayPal.

I want to pass along some information. I have had questions about hooking up the horn. The adapter is a plastic so it insulates the horn circuit. The Grant 3314 adapter has a horn wire that goes to the tab on the steering wheel like normal. The only thing needed to do to make it work is run a wire from the bolts that mount the adapter to the Grant part then, run that wire up to one of the bolts that secure the steering wheel to the tuff wheel adapter. Below is a couple pictures, the added wire is in yellow. Hopefully these pictures are good enough to see what's going on.

Thanks!!

View attachment 1716021907

View attachment 1716021908
Thanks for that. I see I am missing the actual piece for the horn. I made mine work using the Grant parts though but may pursue that part in your pics in the future.

Wanted to post a little review, I Ordered a custom size Tuff wheel adapter, It was shipped the Next day and arrived very quickly, i had it mock installed on the collumn in under 15 minutes and couldn't be more pleased with it

Now i just have to extend the horn ground as outlined in the posts above before i lock everything down.

The construction is very solid, very professional and top quality overall, it looks like it could have been OEM.

Exactly what I needed to get the clearance i need, and now i wont even have to do seat relocation brackets because this adapter was small enough the wheel isnt jammed into me.

10/10 can recommend.

326909530_946343563408754_7659096762409506236_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back