Turboing a 68 dart question etc

-

downundertdart

Reaction score
hi all, I’ve got a 68 GTS dart over in oz( bought off my father in Texas) currently has a 360 with mopar purple cam in it and fresh build,3200 stall) but not yet on the road- pirate jack disc front and rear conversion and all new bushes etc etc ).....

So the issue I have(yep big first world problems) is that my father has built up a 340 for boost (forged pistons . 9.5.1 comp etc ) and I have his twin turbo manifolds from his Australian valiant 360 twin turbo (540 hp at wheels I think small t3/t4 turbos) and have a to4z turbo so am looking at turboing the 340...

Currently to do this I still need fuel system setup and ignition setup so either blow thru carb or super sniper 1250 and msd 6al programmable or the sniper distrib and box which adding everything together starts being 4K (oz)plus easy.... and then the issues of ( carb tuning or running right or the snipers seems to have burning up oxygen sensors ) or do I forgo his 340 and put the money towards a newer gen 3 Hemi install and then buying an engine as well and go from there ...
Anyways thanks for your time and I’ll have to chuck some pics up of it...
Ps the 360 of my fathers is stock block and Conrods not sure of crank and has run 10s and has aftermarket autronic computer on it(already had it on the car when he bought it)

Regards
Luke

What about the fuel/ignition side ? Blow thru carb off the shelf(aed or CS etc ) if buying one so it’s actually set up and tuned as such and then msd 6al programmable or super sniper 1250....
? Both work out around 4K aust

I'm planning on going blow thru and E85 on my Valiant, simply because I like carbs.

EFI might be a better choice though...maybe someone else can chime in on the pros/cons of that.

... yeah especially if anyone who has gone both ways or changed back and why etc... see you even if you had an msd 6al (non programmable) (which I don’t ) so didn’t need to buy one then you would have to buy the boost timing master then to retard it for you on boost($200-300 on summit) then would want an a/f sensor and gauge ($120+ summit) which the sniper comes with that

-
Back