Turn Signal and Horn issues

-

Rassnasty82

Reaction score
Got some gremlins in my dash and the turn signals went out along with the horn. One of the signal lights on the dash is permanently lit now and I can not seem to figure out why the horn also stopped. Is this as simple as buying a new TS switch? Is the horn connected in the same wiring harness as the switch? Any help would be appreciated.

The horn switch is in the same connector, but there is no reason it would be connected to this problem

Bad bulb for the signals, Bad column ground for the horn. The horn wire is a ground in the column, It grounds the relay that activates the horn. It is located above the left kick panel.

Bad bulb for the signals, Bad column ground for the horn. The horn wire is a ground in the column, It grounds the relay that activates the horn. It is located above the left kick panel.
Really just a bad bulb would stop both from working front and back? The driver side light is also illuminated and wont flash if that helps.

You can't know that without knowing what car. Many early models have the horn relay out near the horns.

You can't know that without knowing what car. Many early models have the horn relay out near the horns.
It’s a 69 barracuda, maybe that helps? I know a puff of smoke did come out of the column a while back but the turn signals worked for a while before they stopped.

All your symptoms and signs point to a dead turn signal switch. The turn signal switch also contains the rolling, spring-loaded contact that allows the horn switch to rotate with the steering wheel, so depending how and where your turn signal switch failed, it could have interrupted the horn's ground path. See here and send me a PM.

-
Back