Turn Signal Cancelling Issues

-

Icantdrive75

Live75
Reaction score
In the process of converting my '75 Duster from a column shift to a floor shift using a B&M Megashifter, I installed a Column Shift Delete Kit (MP14054) and a new turn signal switch (MD2094) from Classic Industries. My old switch was shot; so it only made sense to replace it while taking care of the floor shift conversion. After I installed the new switch, it would not correctly cancel after completing a turn. I tried adjusting the switch itself and moving/rotating the ring on the steering wheel. After several unsuccessful attempts, I guessed that the ring on the steering wheel was just missing the cancelling cam on the switch...so I cut off a section of a plastic tip from a tube silicone sealant and slipped it over the ring on the wheel.... no more cruising down the road like a jackass with a turn signal on for 5 miles!

OLDSWX.jpg

NEWSWX.jpg

FIX.jpg

Nice thread...

I need this canceling cam ring for a Grant wheel install. I did not have the original wheel to take this ring off of....

Any idea where I can get one?

Anyone ever install a grant wheel and have to reuse the original canceling ring?

Fabman
Go on summit site lookup Grant Steering Wheels, and/or install kits. They are year specific. I know #4310 is for early As up to 66. You also need to know what Grant Wheel you have.
I don't think you can mix stock parts with Grant wheels. Mine wouldn't on my 66 B-Cuda.
Kits are about $25- $30. They do not include a horn button.
Dave

20180801_162236.jpg

I bought the install kit from Summit. Did not come with the canceling ring. Instructions stated I had to take the original ring off the original wheel.....I don't have the original wheel...that's my problem.

Fabman
Didn't read your thread good.
Put an add in the parts wanted for a ring, or a crap/$hit wheel, with a ring.
good luck
Dave

-
Back