Turn signal crap again

-

Jeff Seighman

aka jeffnmo
Reaction score
Hello everyone, does anyone know where I can find a quality turn signal switch and harness for a 1970 dart, the stuff I've found and used is garbage.
Thanks Jeff

Last edited:
Hello everyone, does anyone know where I can find a quality turn signal switch and harness for a 1970 dart, the stuff I've found and used the is garbage.
Thanks Jeff

Ya, right here on FABO !

Here's a supplier that got great reviews for a replacement.

danielsternlighting.com

Mopar Turn Signal Switches

2258700_1.jpg

For 1962-'63 and 1964-'69 A, B, & C-bodies (without tilt steering), plus some trucks and vans up through 1971. These come with correct configuration, wires, and terminals—no "adapters", hacks, drilling, cutting, or other modifications are needed. They're made in OE quality to original Chrysler blueprints by an original Chrysler supplier. This switch, with easy minor modifications, also fits Studebaker Avanti cars.

$101.90 each

Part number 2947503 is the 8 wire switch, with hazard, without tilt or corner lamps. Correct for a lot of models. When you find this one NOS, it will be very expensive.
Part number 2947536 is the 11 wire switch. Pretty much the same switch as 503 except it is correct for the few models with corner lamps. Since those vehicles are fewer and far between, this switch NOS is more available and lower priced. I cannot testify that the 2 switches would interchange. Maybe @slantsixdan would know. 3 extra wires that do not connect to the cars harness to save a hundred or more deserves some investigation? Good luck

Last edited:
Thanks RedFish, yeah I found a nos one on ebay, $475. I just went ahead and ordered another cheapo from Summit but this time I am going to pack it with dielectric grease and hopefully it will last longer.
Jeff

Last edited:
I bought one off Year one or classic a few years ago. One of them was way cheaper than the other. I paid about $30-40 and it has worked great. I thought it was good quality when I installed it.

That's what I've been using, seems they last a couple of years or so, I'm going to start paying attention to compatible cars in folks back yards and see if I can get back to original on the cheap.
Jeff

Last edited:
That's what I've been using, seems they last a couple of years or so, I going to start paying attention to compatible cars in folks back yards and see if I can get back to original on the cheap.
Jeff

I only drive mine a few thousand miles a year, so maybe I have just been lucky....

-
Back