Twin turbo duster update

-

414 DUSTER

Reaction score
I just thought I would give an update on my project. It's been a long road tring to get this car straight out. Lot's of problems , but the biggest one was traction. Last weekend it showed a little bit of what it could do. It ran 8.77 @ 153 with a 60 ft of 1.28 . I think next year will be even better.

Ok sorry . I tried to post a video but it wouldn't let me. I might be able to post a older one. Here are some pictures.

IMG_20190726_172359385.jpg

IMG_20171124_143400987.jpg

IMG_20171124_143347513.jpg

IMG_20171124_143234994.jpg

Great times! Have you posted the engine and turbo specs somewhere? I'd love to know more about the combo. What transmission?

Great times! Have you posted the engine and turbo specs somewhere? I'd love to know more about the combo. What transmission?
I haven't posted anything but I can give you some idea . It starts with a r3 59 deg block. Molar 4 inch crank and rods . Diamond custom Pistons and rings 9 to 1 compression. Indy 360-2 cnc heads. Victor 340 intake . Csu 750 carb. The turbo system I had a trend on you can look it up. Twin 66 mm borgwarner turbo's. I'm running a 727 transmission . No Chevy hood no Ford rear ALL MOPAR.

I haven't posted anything but I can give you some idea . It starts with a r3 59 deg block. Molar 4 inch crank and rods . Diamond custom Pistons and rings 9 to 1 compression. Indy 360-2 cnc heads. Victor 340 intake . Csu 750 carb. The turbo system I had a trend on you can look it up. Twin 66 mm borgwarner turbo's. I'm running a 727 transmission . No Chevy hood no Ford rear ALL MOPAR.
….. and no LS..... :)

Wow that engine build is very similar to mine. I'm running a procharger though. I didn't go with an aftermarket block and probably should have that way I could turn up the boost someday. I'm only running 10 lbs. Roughly how much boost did you make on the 8.77 pass?

Wow that engine build is very similar to mine. I'm running a procharger though. I didn't go with an aftermarket block and probably should have that way I could turn up the boost someday. I'm only running 10 lbs. Roughly how much boost did you make on the 8.77 pass?
I launched at 7 and ramped to 20 psi. I have more for the future . Lol

If you search for a trend small block turbo duster . I posted it.
Cool, I looked at your thread. You said all mopar so you running a Dana 60? What's the rear suspension set up? Just curious, my best 60 ft so far is 1.38.

Cool, I looked at your thread. You said all mopar so you running a Dana 60? What's the rear suspension set up? Just curious, my best 60 ft so far is 1.38.
Yes I'm running a strange Dana ultimate 60. I mini tubed and moved the leafs in word . I'm running Calvert split mono leafs with sliders . Also ordered the leafs with pin moved back 5/8 of a inch to center wheel in wheel well. The shcks wouldn't work so I mounted the shocks in front of rear straight up. My best 60 foot so far is 1.28 but hoping for better. It's hard staying all Mopar . I've had lots of problems trying to get it worked out. I had to put meniscer shocks on . I can get and post pics if you want.

-
Back