UCA bolt orientation

-

DionR

Reaction score
Is there a preferred direction to install the UCA adjusting bolts?

I have a 74 FSM and there doesn’t appear to be a diagram for the V,L lines. And I searched on here and came up blank.

I installed them in a way that made sense to me, but seems like each has their pluses and minuses, so figured I would ask just to see.

The nuts go to the outside. If thats what you're talking about.
So the bolts would go from the inside out and the nuts on the outside of either side of the control arm.

The nuts go to the outside. If thats what you're talking about.
So the bolts would go from the inside out and the nuts on the outside of either side of the control arm.

Yes, that is what I am asking.

There is room for the bolt to go in from either side, and it seemed like adjustments would be easier if the bolt was on the outside. But tightening the nuts after adjustment felt more difficult.

Thanks.

I did alignments on these cars back in the day and on F,M, B and C cars.
Having the nuts on the out side is easier to make adjustments because the shock gets in the way with the tire on the car.
Most alignment shops don’t remove the tires for this. They just jack up the body to give more room between tire and fender.

If it’s not easy, the alignment person will not do a great job typically.

I dont know if it matters either way but im putting mine the way I found it lol.
Syleng knows more than I do.

I took pictures when I disassembled it so I could remember where everything went. This is what my rusty crap looked like lol.

Screenshot_20190217-074914_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190217-074905_Gallery.jpg

-
Back