UCA Bushings don't fit?

-
Non of it is. If you road race or you otherwise push to extremes then likely, you run aftermarket arms anyway.

After many years on this site, you condition yourself for posting to all extremes!

You do have to admit that most upgrade those 9” drums quickly!

Well ,I have been driving Valiants and Barracudas with 9 in brakes as my daily drivers since 1973 and never once had or heard of this happening.I guess if you beat the crap out of your cars it's a possibility but me,I just drive them and use them in a normal fashion .Not into all this altering into high performance ,I prefer a good driving little A body with a slant that gets good gas mileage . A 170 cu in is my choice of motor and it serves me just fine with a 4 speed and the 323 7 1/4 sure grip behind it. All good components when used as they were designed to be used.

It doesn't take much to snap that end off: it's barely as big as my pinky. As long as you keep the 13s on there you'll probably be ok. Mine snapped off both times with 14s, and not fat ones either. And on the one, I was just going to work, and rounding a corner at maybe 20/25 mph, and it was the INSIDE wheel! There happened to be a gas-station right there and as I saw the wheel heading into traffic, I yanked the steeringwheel to full lock,rolled around the corner, and dropped her right there. Then went to retrieve my wheel, which, in morning rush-hour traffic, somehow, everybody over 4 lanes had managed to avoid being hit by. Then I stuck out my thumb and hitched a ride to work.
That mustabin right after I got married in 77; so I'm guessing that 69 Barracuda was only about 8 years old at that time.
That gas station is no longer there,lol.

…….. My understanding was that factory v8s got the 10 inch and slants got the 9 inch.
FWIW, Here's the 9" drum set that came off my '69 383 S Barracuda. I swapped in standard '74 Dart disc in the late '80s. I don't think anyone would swap 9" drums in over 10". It had 14" SBC Cragars (now rotting in the shed I think) on it and their wonderful lugs that liked to loosen up, but never had a spindle issue. It did tend to eat up drums. The sway bar was gone long before I got it.
Here's what came off...….
upload_2019-11-8_11-28-37.png

-
Back