Original Mexican AM Radio
Trunk prop rod
Hood has full center chrome strip
Front fenders have chrome arrows
Chrome strip down side of body--front to rear
Chrome belt on doors and including around rear seat side windows
Power Brake Booster has no reserve vacuum tank
Brake pedal is small, like a standard transmission width
Inside door panel logo reads "Valiant" (not Barracuda)
Is this a column shift automatic or column shift three speed?

What did I miss?

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 9.46.00 PM.png

Last edited:
I can't understand a word he's saying except for Barracuda Fastback! Lol.

I'm with Plymouth 65 I didn't understand anything being said. I do like the chrome down the side and the console tach. That made it for me.

I had a factory console tach in my 64 Polara 500, 361 four speed. It was really a stupid place to put the tach. I would have to look down to see the tach and thus lose sight of the road. I got real good at listening to the sound of the motor in order to correlate it to the tach reading.
It was different at the track. I could point the car straight after leaving the line and then look directly at the tach as I neared my shift point.

I had a factory console tach in my 64 Polara 500, 361 four speed. It was really a stupid place to put the tach. I would have to look down to see the tach and thus lose sight of the road. I got real good at listening to the sound of the motor in order to correlate it to the tach reading.
It was different at the track. I could point the car straight after leaving the line and then look directly at the tach as I neared my shift point.

Yup. Pretty girl I went to school with they had a 65, console tach. Mayor's daughter, back then

There's so much wrong with that car that I don't know where to begin. By wrong, I mean non-original or even factory Mopar, like the mirrors, antenna (broken at that!), the hokey trunk prop, W/S washer bottle, air cleaner (and maybe carb/intake) gas cap, bumper guards, no jack (at least not visible in it's proper place), wrong door lock knobs, etc. Other things that have been changed or not quite right are: The electronic ignition, brake booster/master, turned ignition switch, trunk hinge chrome covers way out adjustment, poorly recovered dash pad, mismatched door/quarter trim panels, Barracuda fender emblems with holes in them, and what in the world did they do with the column/shifter/floor pedal combination. Looks like it started life as a 3 on the tree and got converted (I think) to an automatic? No shift indicator, but, has the small brake pedal and no clutch pedal, so, who knows? I wonder which transmission it has and how they hooked it up. The grille center isn't too straight either. Curious about the moldings. The hood molding has a rivet in the nose. The side moldings look similar to the cheapy Valiants around that year. The trunk molding looks like maybe a Signet piece?

The vehicle was assembled at a Chrysler plant in Mexico, therefore they used different parts. Mexico required a certain percentage of parts would be manufactured in Mexico, by Mexicans, using their own ideas/styles/materials.

For example, the upholstery is different from USA patterns, but is factory correct for Mexico.

They actually had a Mexican plant back then? All the Mexican Mopars I've had were all made in the U.S. with the export tags and mods......such as the KPH speedos. I found the Canadian cars were more different than ours than the Mexican versions.

You forgot to mention the cheap plastic wire loom thats covering all the engine harness. I hate that stuff, looks cheap.

There's so much wrong with that car that I don't know where to begin. By wrong, I mean non-original or even factory Mopar, like the mirrors, antenna (broken at that!), the hokey trunk prop, W/S washer bottle, air cleaner (and maybe carb/intake) gas cap, bumper guards, no jack (at least not visible in it's proper place), wrong door lock knobs, etc. Other things that have been changed or not quite right are: The electronic ignition, brake booster/master, turned ignition switch, trunk hinge chrome covers way out adjustment, poorly recovered dash pad, mismatched door/quarter trim panels, Barracuda fender emblems with holes in them, and what in the world did they do with the column/shifter/floor pedal combination. Looks like it started life as a 3 on the tree and got converted (I think) to an automatic? No shift indicator, but, has the small brake pedal and no clutch pedal, so, who knows? I wonder which transmission it has and how they hooked it up. The grille center isn't too straight either. Curious about the moldings. The hood molding has a rivet in the nose. The side moldings look similar to the cheapy Valiants around that year. The trunk molding looks like maybe a Signet piece?

I'm sure I missed all kinds of things, but, I just couldn't watch the video again! :lol:

-
Back