uncle tony's garage gets called out by the roadkill guys

-
Ur good.though I dont see what people buying ya a gold membership has to do with whether of not you can post.
If they wanna buy it, let'em.

I have shared a ton here. That's the whole point of using the forums. Theres a sticky of mine that's helped many with their 318 heads..i dunno if its hit 100k yet or more.
When i vacationed for a bit...another member decided he was a 318 guru and spun what was educated and researched technique...to round holes and no way to know what in its entirety you introduced characteristics wise to the port...

I've said before, and it's not a knock on you 'only the idea' ...the concept...that people will follow anyone that tells them a good joke or a story. Smooth like diarhea...
"Yeah he's full of ****, but he tells a good story and has a cool accent"
Uncle tony capitalizes on that very thing, as do some others.
They come and go, read ****, parrot it like they discovered it all on their own and take the credit.
Gets old.

I wasn't making a correlation between gold membership and posting.....you're losin me. Not that that's hard to do. lol

Ever since my gold membership ran out ...
Major post problems. Misquotes and jibberish added in. Jammed up with ads and screwy font slow page loading.
I only drink on the weekends after getting **** done.
Noticed that too. I just want to support. Don't need the "perks"

Ever since my gold membership ran out ...
Major post problems. Misquotes and jibberish added in. Jammed up with ads and screwy font slow page loading.
I only drink on the weekends after getting **** done.
Now a days you still get ads on the bottom whether you're gold or not. In awhile I'm sure more and more will be snuck in so it really doesn't matter. You get access to titty pics....whoopy doo. It is kinda funny to read the comments in the blue **** lol.

The only perk that is useful is the big inbox.

I wasn't making a correlation between gold membership and posting.....you're losin me. Not that that's hard to do. lol
Well you divulge how you dont have to pay for it, another member says maybe cause what you share 'implying you post crucial info, sometimes true ;)'
So i went off the idea or perception of members here... and who they deem as their 'go to'.

As for losing you...lol..all i gotta do is let ya tune your own carburetor, old timer.:D
:D:eek::thumbsup:

Well you divulge how you dont have to pay for it, another member says maybe cause what you share 'implying you post crucial info, sometimes true ;)'
So i went off the idea or perception of members here... and who they deem as their 'go to'.

As for losing you...lol..all i gotta do is let ya tune your own carburetor, old timer.

Hay that chit aint funny man. lol

Now a days you still get ads on the bottom whether you're gold or not. In awhile I'm sure more and more will be snuck in so it really doesn't matter. You get access to titty pics....whoopy doo. It is kinda funny to read the comments in the blue **** lol.

The only perk that is useful is the big inbox.

Yeah.....I don't see the point of the titty room when there's "all that" free on the internet anyway.

It is? Damn. I wasted 40 bucks.

Yeah maybe they should offer an increased inbox size for a lesser amount....maybe a silver or bronze membership. Not everybody wants to see **** on a car site, but the increase in inbox size is nice. That might net more revenue for the site from those who don't want a full gold membership. But what do I know?

Yeah maybe they should offer an increased inbox size for a lesser amount....maybe a silver or bronze membership. Not everybody wants to see **** on a car site, but the increase in inbox size is nice. That might net more revenue for the site from those who don't want a full gold membership. But what do I know?
Well. you seem to know a bit about the "blue room". At least that's what my huge inbox told me:lol:

Like email post notifications. Have them go to your email and auto delete from the sever

The blue is unnecessary.
Time and a place for that.
Imo that's the problem with todays society.

Just like the N&P in my opinion. I guess it keeps it from spillin out here though.

Hey... did ya hear the news? UTG got called out by the roadkill guys. :steering:

yea, mee too, I have a 4 speed in my wagon and this year I bought a 69 valiant more door that's getting a 4 speed as well. Only because that's what I do....I wasn't aware there is a fad going on. Had I bought the more door ten years ago, i would have done the same thing because that's what i do.

I was digging wagons before wagons were "cool". I only bought a more door because I've never had one and thought it would be cool to drive one to work.

I admit I am not a car show as in take a car to the show. Drive it there maybe. But it is funny how as I walk and look at the shows and the work done on them, I always seems to strike up conversations with the guy with the 55 Chevy MORE door, or the Mopar guy with the big C or R body. Or the young kid with the slant.
I like to learn.. I like to learn form those that have done it.
Sorta like the old saying goes about the HS ag teacher. The ones that can, do it,,,:thumbsup: and the ones that can't just teach!!!!

As for losing you...lol..all i gotta do is let ya tune your own carburetor, old timer.:D

Well, I never claimed to be a carburetor guru. At least not on the level some are here. I've played around with jets and power valves but getting down to really tuning one like I've done....or had to do with this one I have not. I've mostly been pretty much a bolt it on and go kinda guy.

I did make some more progress today. I believe now I have it sorted out as much as it's going to be.I got it where it will idle all the way down until it will shut off. It seems happy about 750-800ish. The secondaries were still cracked just a tic too much. I closed them until they stuck closed and then turned the screw until they just barely don't stick. Air screws still shut it down, so it's right on the mark "there". I do appreciate the help.

Well, I never claimed to be a carburetor guru. At least not on the level some are here. I've played around with jets and power valves but getting down to really tuning one like I've done....or had to do with this one I have not. I've mostly been pretty much a bolt it on and go kinda guy.

I did make some more progress today. I believe now I have it sorted out as much as it's going to be.I got it where it will idle all the way down until it will shut off. It seems happy about 750-800ish. The secondaries were still cracked just a tic too much. I closed them until they stuck closed and then turned the screw until they just barely don't stick. Air screws still shut it down, so it's right on the mark "there". I do appreciate the help.
Sounds like it's happy
I don't hold ya to any title other than friend..and you can the same for me.
It's all fun.

Sounds like it's happy
I don't hold ya to any title other than friend..and you can the same for me.
It's all fun.

It is. Extremely. It does still have somewhat long crank times when hot. And yes, I do hold my foot on the gas. But giving it any more initial makes it run really ROUGH so it's right there, I believe. I think the fuel is getting hot in the lines and it's just not liking hot starts. Probably just have to live with it until I redo the fuel system. ...and it's comin.

It is. Extremely. It does still have somewhat long crank times when hot. And yes, I do hold my foot on the gas. But giving it any more initial makes it run really ROUGH so it's right there, I believe. I think the fuel is getting hot in the lines and it's just not liking hot starts. Probably just have to live with it until I redo the fuel system. ...and it's comin.
You do the 2 pumps and start or just turn the key when hot? Still needs pedal?
No fuel pushing through when shut off?
Pull a plug and take a pic and lets see if its dry or wet..and the color..etc.

You do the 2 pumps and start or just turn the key when hot? Still needs pedal?
No fuel pushing through when shut off?
Pull a plug and take a pic and lets see if its dry or wet..and the color..etc.

I just hold the pedal open. I thought about maybe it being the cold plugs I swapped in. I went from RN14 to RN9 that I have now. I've looked at them very recently and they look good.....to me anyway. I'll pull one and get a picture.

And when it's cold, I hit the pedal like half a pump and it almost jumps out of the engine bay starting up. It's running by a 1/4 turn of the engine.

-
Back