Uncle Tony's response to Direct Connection

-

C2ndLTpigeon

Mopar or no Car!
Reaction score
So I watched Uncle Tony's response to Dodge bringing back Direct connection, and while I get he is upset with it being misleading, what the hell did you think they were going to do! DC=Electric, I mean come on. And even if it had nothing to do with electric, you still fell for the fact that you though a modern car company (stalantis garbage that is a disgrace to the dodge and Chrysler name) was going to bring back performance tips and parts to heavily emission complied vehicles. Its laughable.
Now what really gets me is the destruction of that perfectly good DC license plate he cut up, and I think that's where the stupidity and immatureness comes in where he said all the stickers and plates and DC stuff is getting junked. He himself should know there is a difference in what was Direct Connection back in the day and not comparing it remotely todays trash. Don't blame the past for todays garbage.
I'm almost 30 and even though DC was before my time I would never think to compare the two. I will rep the past all day long!

20211130_100547.jpg
20211130_100600.jpg

It's Uncle Tony, anything for a click bait video...the guy claims to not drink or do drugs, but I've known drunks and potheads with more sense...

Those are repop plates and about $9.99.. I doubt Tony has any real direct connection parts

Its called "marketing" more views more "merch" sales they all do it:bs_flag:

If that plate being cut bothered you... DON'T WATCH WHISTLINDIESEL :D :D

Nice garage though.
With electric cars your just trading one fossil fuel for another, electricity has to come from somewhere. And don’t tell me lightning rods duh.but without electricity your car would not start or run or even have been manufactured and you would be fixing them in the dark tony. What came first? The chicken or the egg?

Those are repop plates and about $9.99.. I doubt Tony has any real direct connection parts

I was just gonna say that lol, the original ones are steel and hard to find, they re-pop the aluminum ones with the black outlined border all over the place.

In the end it comes down to this if there is no gasoline our cars wont run. I would hope that chemical companies would come up with a synthetic replacement for gasoline for the rest of us who cannot afford an EV right now, or the next 20 years etc.

Uncle Tony knew he'd piss people off cutting the DC stuff up...id like to see him take a sledgehammer to that Ironhead sportster he bought that would get people fuming...

I was just gonna say that lol, the original ones are steel and hard to find, they re-pop the aluminum ones with the black outlined border all over the place.
appears to be a real one. My repro one has a DaimlerChrysler logo small in the corner.

The one thing I agree with is don't force this down our throats.

The US has enough fuel here to meet our needs for a good while. I will never give into the electric game, just no fun in computer controlled garbage.

And its not the cost of that plate he cut up its more on the stupidity that he would even get mad at the past DC because FCA stalantis tricked him.

Might as well throw away all his DC books from back in the day since he hates DC now. Hope he would let someone else who can appreciate DC have the stuff before he destroys them over a hissy fit.

appears to be a real one. My repro one has a DaimlerChrysler logo small in the corner.

A vintage original is steel and is painted white on the back side and doesn’t have the black paint on the border like the newer aluminum versions, smaller bolt holes too...I still wouldn’t have cut it up lol....I collect this DC stuff and think it’s cool!

88DC8B79-E784-47A2-9168-228FC5B8DE7A.jpeg

30C5BECF-88BE-4A65-ABBD-01F1AD55B30C.jpeg

Mopar is late to the game, Chevy had the volt, ford had the escape Hybrid 16 years ago. These EVs are being pushed by the Govt. Mopar has to play ball, if anything they've held out on not doing EVs the longest.

Keep smoking cigarettes and thinking anyone actually gives a **** about your opinion. #yellowteethyellowfingers

Ya he wants to sell more UTG shirts so create friction get more subscribers 'marketing"

If he'd just finish what he started I think people would tune in. Actually enter that Miata in a race or do 10 seconds in the 1/8 with that 318 Coronet. See it through, anyone can make claims and not back them up. He got caught up in making videos, sometimes two or more a day. I don't blame him for selling merch, but views drop off when people get bored. the car scene is small on YT and in real life. There aren't hundreds of thousands of Mopar guys its a small group running these cars ,always been. How much of a following is he going to get on YT and how many will walk away... I mean watch him or go out in your garage and work on your car which would you do? :)

I would hope that chemical companies would come up with a synthetic replacement for gasoline for the rest of us who cannot afford an EV right now, or the next 20 years etc
They do, it's called ethanol!

Heck you can make it yourself for that matter.

If he'd just finish what he started I think people would tune in. Actually enter that Miata in a race or do 10 seconds in the 1/8 with that 318 Coronet. See it through, anyone can make claims and not back them up. He got caught up in making videos, sometimes two or more a day. I don't blame him for selling merch, but views drop off when people get bored. the car scene is small on YT and in real life. There aren't hundreds of thousands of Mopar guys its a small group running these cars ,always been. How much of a following is he going to get on YT and how many will walk away... I mean watch him or go out in your garage and work on your car which would you do? :)
Right!
All these excuses when it comes time to show numbers. That B body was supposed to be on the track this year but all the "we broke a LCA bushing" or "broken pushrod" or sticking lifters, and the plan Z dart, with all this issue here and there, put them on the track already and stop dragging crap out for YT views.
His older videos were straight to the point and where he lost me and my dad is when he starts jumping around to all this other junk, like a slant in a miata, or the bikes.
If he wants more views start working on that road runner in at his house, pull that 400 out and build more power, or do something with that hemi.
Slants are good reliable motors but if I wanted to see people try to spend more time and money getting power out of a mouse motor I would go back to my Dodge neon groups.

He has the YT fame and forgets what brought him where he is now. Go back to the good content and stop the click bait. (maybe he's to close to Scotty Kilmer lol)

Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't watch UT much more than a few seconds these days, but didn't he have a video before that ? something along the lines of "Direct connection is back" then he made the "I saw what you did Dodge" after he realized he was of target with the DC video...

Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't watch UT much more than a few seconds these days, but didn't he have a video before that ? something along the lines of "Direct connection is back" then he made the "I saw what you did Dodge" after he realized he was of target with the DC video...
Sure did! Went off of a head line and got all hyped up. Should of did his own digging first but now blames direct connection as a whole

-
Back