Unusual Air Cleaner

-
Possibly a stock base and a slant 6 top. I Haven't seen a 2 barrel 273 air cleaner without a snorkel. Not saying it couldn't happen.
Ya, go ahead and give me a big red X. I haven't seen one of these before this thread and I said it could happen!

Ya, go ahead and give me a big red X. I haven't seen one of these before this thread and I said it could happen!
Prior to this one, neither had I. I posted the question on a Facebook page a few weeks ago and got similar responses. We all learn something new everyday. Up until I got this one, all I had ever seen was the snorkel type and the 4 bbl Commando.

This has always intrigued me because at first it was the normal one, but the first time a guru saw my car (1985) and said that ain't original got me going.
I have never doubted its originality but could never explain why my car had it.

Alan

Most experts / gurus are not. You are good, my 66 has a 65 washer bottle. Never say never with Ma Mopar. I have seen all kinds of things that never existed.

Last edited:
I have already exchanged multiple emails with him on this.
The cover, 1962-66 361, 383 and 413 4-Barrel but has 4-bbl base.
Chrome, 4-bbl, 1965-67 273 4-Barrel

No reference to the unsilenced 2-bbl base for this cover, it was new to him, no idea what applications may have had it.

Alan

Yes but what car also had the 2bbl carb with this air cleaner?

Alan
my 65 270 convertible has a 2 barrel 273 that has that air cleaner set up without the nipple

20210913_160748.jpg

-
Back