Unusual cars like this one always intrigue me

-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unusual automobiles like this always intrigue me. Its the car lover in me I suppose.

1959 BMW ISETTA 300 RESTORED CALIFORNIA TITLED BLACK PLATE MICROCAR NO RESERVE

Link to more photos: 1959 BMW ISETTA 300 NO RESERVE | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

This 1957 BMW 'California' Isetta 300 Deluxe is an outstanding and completely restored example of the classic German-spec export Isetta.

Featuring an eye-catching two-tone Japan Red over Ivory paint scheme, this BMW Isetta is certainly one of the most unique micro cars ever made.

With its unique front door, its 'egg' shape body, and its "massive" 300cc/13hp motor with 4-speed manual gearbox, this is a classic micro car that has been steadily climbing in value.

The paint and interior are gorgeous.

The car received a complete mechanical overhaul with the intention of keeping everything correct and original.

All mechanical components have been checked and/or disassembled or rebuilt. The car shifts through the gears correctly and it stops properly.

You will have a hard time finding a better running and driving example.
It is absolutely 1st rate and among the very best of the classic BMW Isetta 300 Deluxe.

It has the very cool canvas sunroof!

This is a rare opportunity to own an extremely rare classic BMW that is certain to increase in value.

This fabulous Isetta, #579634, was in very good cosmetic condition prior to restoration - no rust, no body damage, and it started and drove.

This 1959 BMW Isetta 300, finished in Japan Red over Ivory, presents extremely well and any collector or BMW aficionado will be proud to own it.

The car's origins were in Milan, Italy at the scooter and refrigerator company of ISO SpA, run by Renzo Rivolta.

Called Isetta, or "little Iso", the car was a startling, totally unconventional design that caused a furor at its introduction in Turin, Italy in November of 1953.

From this influential debut, the brand was licensed to BMW of Germany, where it was viewed by BMW as filling a gap between their motorcycles and the luxury 501 models.

The quirky little "motocoupe", as it was called by BMW, became the dream of the working man.

When I was selling BMWs in the 90s I had a customer that had one in his basement.
His mother bought it new.

2 stroke i think ??

I rode in one of those as a very young kid - once.
Even at a very young age I was able to imagine what would happen to that car if it had been in an accident with what was on our SoCal streets in the mid/late '50s - like my parents Hudson Hornet.
Notice the resemblance to a coffin? Close the lid and throw dirt over it.

What a great little car,.... for Italians,.......in Italy................
Hmmmmmmmmmm,.... An Italian car marketed by Germans painted Japan Red,.........maybe the Axis wasn't ready to concede they were done offing allies?
Well Joey...........Ya had to see this comin' after all, :D:D:D

They are weird in a cool sort of way. I always wanted a Gremlin. :LOL

-
Back