Unusual Color on 1966 Barracuda

-
Strange, I have never seen a air cleaner option on a fender tag. I can't find a E1 option in the books except for a 6.50x13 tire option. Interesting stuff.

Mike, flip back to page 2 of this thread and there's one of the tags with the E1 code on it. It stands for sales code 471, mandatory in California. Just looked at this guy's punch card, and it also has sales code 471.

Mike, flip back to page 2 of this thread and there's one of the tags with the E1 code on it. It stands for sales code 471, mandatory in California. Just looked at this guy's punch card, and it also has sales code 471.
It's frustrating to decode early fender tags. According to the Galen books which many of us use, a E code is an option code between#360-479. According to the books any option ending in 1 that is built for a 66 Barracuda could be an option. The next time I see Galen I will ask him.

Don't need to ask Galen, here's the Govier report on a similar car (from an eBay ad) showing the E1.

1966-Plymouth-Barracuda-Govier-report.jpg

Strange, I have never seen a air cleaner option on a fender tag. I can't find a E1 option in the books except for a 6.50x13 tire option. Interesting stuff.
Its not an "Air Cleaner" option, it is the "Clean Air Package" basically a California Car

Alan

-
Back