Update on the Carb Shop

-

Dana

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
So I finally closed the deal on buying the carb shop 3 weeks ago. So far, so good. Learning a lot, meeting some good folks, and getting to tinker with some cool stuff. Here is a project I completely restored for a customers Gorgeous 67 Belvedere. Also just wrapping up a gas miser TQ for a fella's Dakota, and starting a 67 GTO Q-jet Resto Monday.
imagejpeg_0 (2).jpg
imagejpeg_0 (1).jpg
imagejpeg_0.jpg

Cool it is needed for sure. They are getting harder and harder to find.

No fair, work isn't supposed to be fun! You have a cool job now! :thumbsup:
Thanks Pal, I know. No more dressing like its winter time in august, to run into a hot furnace or oven to lay a few brick and run out! No more watching every move I make so I don't get squashed by an overhead crane. I'm definitely not taking it for granted.

So I finally closed the deal on buying the carb shop 3 weeks ago. So far, so good. Learning a lot, meeting some good folks, and getting to tinker with some cool stuff. Here is a project I completely restored for a customers Gorgeous 67 Belvedere. Also just wrapping up a gas miser TQ for a fella's Dakota, and starting a 67 GTO Q-jet Resto Monday.View attachment 1715244351 View attachment 1715244352 View attachment 1715244353
there must be a good reason for the carb fuel inlets being on the left side?

If you ever think you made the wrong decision to go into business for yourself, think about the days you spent at Clairton.
Hope to see you and your cars at Quaker City in 2019.
Good Luck

image.jpeg

Very cool!! I'm sure you can conjure up a bunch of business here! And on Facebook.

there must be a good reason for the carb fuel inlets being on the left side?
Those look like the DC 6 pac carbs.
I think the story goes Ford reneged on buying the carbs from Holley so Mopar bought all of them and sold them thru DC. I think they are all mechanical linkage aswell.

Last edited:
Turned out a couple today. 67 Goat Quadrajet Resto and A Thermoquad rebuild. Trying to get some fuel milage out of his 318 Dakota.
20181106_152046 (1).jpg
20181106_152133 (1).jpg

-
Back