Updated due to epic fail..Wheel Opinions please... Big wheel haters should stay away

-
I like the matte bronze version of the second set linked.

Don't let people get you down on these, either. I'd much rather see a duster in a set of big rims (not ghetto rims, just big rims) than one that's been butchered until it can only run on the drag strip. But hey! To each their own, right? :3

Ugly is ugly, and just being different won't make it any more attractive, regardless of any desire to follow the latest fad (large diameters in this case).
There were hundreds of aftermarket wheels of many different types commercially offered to the buying public during the muscle car era (roughly 1960 to 1980). Only a few remain timeless and highly sought after for a reason, usually a beautiful classic styling often coupled to a unique look associated with a particular manufacturer. The fact that they were constructed robustly enough withstand the rigors of longtime street use probably helped their popularity.
While you might be able to find a "modern" design perfectly acceptable on an old car, most have become poorly designed caricatures with no style. For this reason alone, you shouldn't be ashamed to pick a wheel emulating one of those historic designs if you like it, and it "fits" where you are trying to "take" the car.

but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I agree, there's no accounting for taste sometime.

To the OP; pick something YOU like and remember, it's not the wheel diameter that's critical, it's the overall wheel/tire diameter (it has to fit in your vehicle's wheelwells) along with overall width, back spacing (offset), tire size, and corner weight.

Screw all that custom stuff man. There are so many wheels for 200 or less each. I like your first choice and several others too.

I agree that weight is important. So is not breaking under high cornering stress.
Big wheels are friggin great. Wide tires are great! Your tire will not squish and wallow. You will look retro/modern with a tuff stance. Pretty much every G machine I have seen that was balanced, looked great. I prefer matte black or black chrome myself.
Keep up posted!

First, it is the car. It just sucks. What is that? Is it like a huyandi ninja or something? I suppose they are competitive with that mess? Maybe in SF in a parking space finding competition.

Second, they are running 225s on a rim that is 1" too wide for the tire making the tire look all blown out, which I dunno, may have some sort of performance advantage.

I like the wheels myself.

YUCK again... Looks like what I see on ricers everywhere. I like some out of the box thinking but I couldn't crawl in a ricer box.

$T2eC16dHJIYE9qUcO3zqBQJHyB4inQ%7E%7E_4.JPG

Agreed!!!!!

Heres mine. I know after reading your post most of you are not fans of the high off set concave wheels. But they work really well on the Mopars if you can order them with the right back spacing.
Tim

Attachments

• 2001_04240016.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 685
  • 2001_05250013.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 682
Heres mine. I know after reading your post most of you are not fans of the high off set concave wheels. But they work really well on the Mopars if you can order them with the right back spacing.
Tim

Looks just like I thought it would. Way too much body hanging past the wheel and this is an early A. If these were on a second generation Barracuda it would even be worse. To each their own.

To much body hanging past the wheel? what does that mean?

To much body hanging past the wheel? what does that mean?

He doesn't like the pro touring or pro street look, where you can't see the top of the wheel/rim. Thats the best look. To each their own, but its a lot better then the guys running to big a tire and it sticks out past the fender with it all jacked in the air (higher then SS springs)

Not sure what that means either tim. Honestly most of the rims i see people running on a's look like chit in my "opinion". I also think cragar mags are also the ugliest rims you could possibly want to run on a mopar also but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Put on your ride what makes you happy, besides who are you building the car for? Yourself right? So who gives a **** what everyone elses opinion is. If you were building it for someone else then thats when their opinion matter.

Tim

Here's a perfect example of achieving a great look with something that would not be expected to "fit" right on an A body. A great look requires having a vision for all the details including ride height, tire profile, wheel and tire width etc. Your first choice could look great with the right "vision".

This applies only to those who are somewhat open minded with regard to what an A body should look like. Many see bigger rims and instantly hate them. If you're in that camp what are you doing on this thread? :)

My car has an "I am capable of more than a straight line, unlike the stigma 99% of all Mopars on the road have...." look to it.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 637
Not sure how I missed this one, I always enjoy showing off my too big of wheels, not enough "dish", too much car hanging past wheels... For me one of the more annoying things about this site is the closed-mindedness of the 99% that 72BBSwinger mentioned. Drives me nuts, but too each his own, and that's mine. Personally, I would have bought a set of TSW Interlagos wheels for my build if I could get them in 6 lug pattern. No go, they do not build customs...

too much car hanging down
file-178.jpg

the front is probably tucked in too much
file-180.jpg

not enough "dish"
file-184.jpg

too large and probably not Cragar S/S or Rallye enough...
file-82.jpg

Oh well, I guess I don't fit in with the "cool guys". I vote for the TSW's and say get on it. They would look awesome on your car!

swisswill, the op asked for opinions on the wheels. Nobody bashed him, called him names or any such thing. He asked for opinions and we gave him opinions. Where's the "closed-mindedness" in that? He asked - we posted. In the end it is his car and his choice to make. Our opinions don't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. And we all know what opinions are like. But again he did ask for them.

Wylde1.

Not sure how I missed this one, I always enjoy showing off my too big of wheels, not enough "dish", too much car hanging past wheels... For me one of the more annoying things about this site is the closed-mindedness of the 99% that 72BBSwinger mentioned. Drives me nuts, but too each his own, and that's mine. Personally, I would have bought a set of TSW Interlagos wheels for my build if I could get them in 6 lug pattern. No go, they do not build customs...

too much car hanging down

the front is probably tucked in too much

not enough "dish"

too large and probably not Cragar S/S or Rallye enough...

Oh well, I guess I don't fit in with the "cool guys". I vote for the TSW's and say get on it. They would look awesome on your car!

6pk2goDemon as some nice rims on a Demon. Think they are 18's.

Yes they're 18's.....thanks burnt :D

I had a set of rallye wheels on it and didn't like how it looked. My car is not stock and needed something different :happy1:

Yes they're 18's.....thanks burnt :D

I had a set of rallye wheels on it and didn't like how it looked. My car is not stock and needed something different :happy1:

Great look with those wheels.
I'd like to see it down about 2" on the back to match the front.

-
Back