Updated due to epic fail..Wheel Opinions please... Big wheel haters should stay away

-
Hey I kinda forgot about this posting didn't realize was so popular. I am still going for more a resto mod look and want the car to gove off a feeling of vintage muscle car but a hint of "that looks like it doesnt just go in a straight line" type of feel! Well getting close to getting wheels still throwing ideas around. I found some I really like but they have machine lip and want all satin black. Really like cragars but some new tsws came out too.... Lets starts some more lets say interesting conversation ;)

Here's a few pics of update of build after paint and those wheels are just rollers

View attachment image-3581345415.jpg

View attachment image-3581345415.jpg

And btw PRRC I like your wheels think they car will turn out awesome.

View attachment image-3521600386.jpg

View attachment image-1118203919.jpg

View attachment image-3687157097.jpg

Attachments

• image-3721420996.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 506
i actually like those wheels you have on there! i dont like the big wheels on that demon the other guy posted. lining your car with the "rollers" up next to his, your's looks way better. i like the color of your car better as well.

the demon looks like a truck ran over the front end

IMG_6432.jpg

is your front 15 and the back 16 right now?

if the front was a little bigger it would be just right. same diameter rim as the back is what i mean
attachment.php

Hey don't rag on your rollers. Mine are similar!

Attachments

• duster 2 004.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 493
  • duster 2 006.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 479
  • duster 2 002.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 492
Hey I kinda forgot about this posting didn't realize was so popular. I am still going for more a resto mod look and want the car to gove off a feeling of vintage muscle car but a hint of "that looks like it doesnt just go in a straight line" type of feel! Well getting close to getting wheels still throwing ideas around. I found some I really like but they have machine lip and want all satin black. Really like cragars but some new tsws came out too.... Lets starts some more lets say interesting conversation ;)

Here's a few pics of update of build after paint and those wheels are just rollers

View attachment 1714593128

View attachment 1714593128

And btw PRRC I like your wheels think they car will turn out awesome.

View attachment 1714593132

View attachment 1714593133

View attachment 1714593134
TSWs mmmm XXR 521s are similar and cheaper

johnparts actually looks better than the demon's

i bet 18's or 19's would be perfect

the advantage of the 20's is you will survive speed bumps.

that demon wouldn't... he must have skid plates welded under. one good speed bump oops there go the headers!

i knew of a guy once, had a new corvette. went over a speed bump it knocked off his oil drain plug he fried the engine lol.

johnparts actually looks better than the demon's

i bet 18's or 19's would be perfect

the advantage of the 20's is you will survive speed bumps.

that demon wouldn't... he must have skid plates welded under. one good speed bump oops there go the headers!

i knew of a guy once, had a new corvette. went over a speed bump it knocked off his oil drain plug he fried the engine lol.

That Demon isn't at ride height in those pictures however I will take the compliment.

My rollers will be powder coated all black and uses some have an extra set of tires around for them too but I wanted bigger size. I had to get 17s for rollers cause i have 4 wheel disc 12" brakes and my old 14s dont clear lol. Those are all 17x8 I want 18front and 20x10 rear. I like the cragar but spacing on the 18x8 fronts are off, they make a 18x9 but haven't looked up spacing for it yet & need the lips coated in satin or gloss black. Still need specs on the other 2 yet.

@johnparts you running air bags? How you getting fronts to turn ? I really like the look but I wasn't going that extensive into mine. Although one day might switch to air ride but didn't want to fool with pump and all those lines.

Everyone else I have done a lot of research and that green demon has air bags, it doesn't drive in that stance at least I wouldn't think......

Also guys check out my build
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=161741

@johnparts you running air bags? How you getting fronts to turn ? I really like the look but I wasn't going that extensive into mine. Although one day might switch to air ride but didn't want to fool with pump and all those lines.

Yes we are still working out the details of what bags I will be running but I will be running air. It does turn, but, I have a ton of modifications done to get it to turn with this big of a wheel and tire.

For B-body fans, I think Steve Strope's HAMMER has a great stance, wheel/tire combo. I'd like to see a Charger Daytona or SuperBird that sits like it does.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsFvHq6rqjk"]Hammer Roadrunner - Pure Vision - Fast & Furious muscle car - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfyEuPw3n4c"]Fast and Furious Hammer - YouTube[/ame]

Wylde1.

Ok 20x10 came today going to garage tomorrow for test fit, I think she'll fit, my only prob is the for the front they only offer 18x9 but from my reading it should fit ok. So hopefully they do I really like them but might Powdercoat the lip black too.

Attachments

• image-902085761.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 352
Dang, I'm cheap
Runnin what I got > 15 x 7" 4" back space
pulled them out of the barn ( will buy New tires,) after car gets painted
just something we tried the other day
to keep it a roller( marks on sidewalls, is from being stacked up,) NOT from rubbing, on the fenders
255-60-15 front

014-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

275-60-15 rear

002-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

For what its worth, the second wheels in the original post are carbon copies of what I have. I run 18x9 all around with a tire height of 26". Many may hate it, but in person it looks good.

Ok 20x10 came today going to garage tomorrow for test fit, I think she'll fit, my only prob is the for the front they only offer 18x9 but from my reading it should fit ok. So hopefully they do I really like them but might Powdercoat the lip black too.
Those look really good and look like bigger versions of Cragars and polished lip sets them off.
I like big wheels but limit the sixe to a 17 or 18 at the most just too much wheel and not enough sidewall for me after that. But they still look good

Well it fits great, goin to order in the matching fronts and make sure try fit then its just fining some tires....... Which will prob be more than the wheels

Attachments

• image-1419741947.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 315
  • image-593838140.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 323
  • image-307394453.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 300
i like the modern wheel look. everyone says the torque thrusts are played out but i like them. i got them on my dart. best bang for the buck.

wheels003.jpg

sliders019.jpg

newbies003.jpg

18 x 10 with 285/40/18.

Attachments

• rear boyd ride height.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 321
-
Back