Upper interior door trim- 1973 Swinger interchangability

-

73SwingerBuild

Reaction score
Good morning, FABO.
I'm curious to see if anybody has had any luck interchanging the upper interior door trim pieces for the front and back of the '73 style dart swingers. As many of you know, the '73 model year changed over from the metal trim to the plastic trim that tends to be fairly brittle, if it's still on the car at all (Mine is shot to hell and is essentially unusable). A buddy of mine has a 72 Scamp with the metal upper trim pieces and I was wondering if it was possible/easy enough to graft these pieces onto the front and rear upper door panel areas of a '73.
This also begged the question if these pieces were easily removed from a 1970-72 body style, or if these pieces are being reproduced.
Let me know your thoughts. I'm open to other ideas.
Thanks everybody.

-Mike

no you would need the doors of a 72 back car those pieces are really easy to come by for the 73-76 cars

You're saying that the plastic trim pieces are easy to come by? I've had a hard time even locating some broken ones, nevermind ones that are intact and not brittle. Do you have any recommendations on where to find some?

Thanks

I will have to check and see if i have some just put a WTB= Want To Buy add in the parts wanted area and im sure there are plenty of people that have some lying around

-
Back