Urgent!!!!

-

Suregrip391

Reaction score
Anyone have an "underhood" WIRING diagram for a 69 barracuda? Also, I was told a windshield has to come out for a headliner installation?? EMAIL REMOVED BY STAFF
THANKS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have a diagram but it would be preferred to have the windshield out for the liner install. It's the windshield gasket that is in the way. Under the gasket on the top, the frame is punched out in "V" shapes so the headliner has something to grab onto after stretching it. You could somehow, position the gasket away from the the top frame to access that area. It's a whole lot easier w/the shield/gasket removed.

BTW, the rear glass/gasket is verbatum.

No need to remove either window to install headliner. I can see how it would be easier to do with the window/gasket out of the way but certainly not necessary.

There is a tool that you can get from Eastwoods that is just for tucking the headliner under the window gasket. It's thin and rounded so as not to catch and tear the headliner. Apply some 3M contact adhesive to the liner and use th tool to work it under the gasket. I used a razor blade to trim the excess after the adhesive dried.

So - I pulled the windshield on my son’s 65 Cuda project to do the headliner. I managed to create a very small stress crack on the windshield :(. I guess I should have cut the seal- but the job seemed to be going so well. He is so bummed. Glass company says it’s not repairable. It’s about a half inch top rh side.
I’m screwed aren’t I?

Stay away from 4 wheeling activities and you should be OK for a long time. Speed bumps and lot holes at speed are your enemies!

Urgent? Not a very good thread title.

I’m not touching the rear window! lol. I told my son we’ll put it back in and put a tint strip along the top- he still isn’t happy.

you dont have to pull the windshield //69 fb headliner

I wonder what it would cost to have a new headliner installed at an auto interior place , anybody out there have it done ??
I noticed that mine has separated from the back glass some this summer----------

I wonder what it would cost to have a new headliner installed at an auto interior place , anybody out there have it done ??
I noticed that mine has separated from the back glass some this summer----------
I had a 69 Valiant done last year. A shop who I know the owner well for a couple decades. We took the old one out and prepped the roof. They had the glass taken out- which is an issue because no one wants to do it in case it cracks. I believe the glass guy walked after he had trouble getting it back together. The shop finished it up and it came out really nice. It was supposed to take a week- took two weeks!
All said- I have $7-800 into it.
I have another car now that we are going to try to do our selves- ‘65 barracuda. I’m not taking out the rear glass. I have gotten the windshield out- but it has a very small crack :(. I can think of a lot of things I would rather do!
I have done airplanes before- not my favorite thing to do!

I had a 69 Valiant done last year. A shop who I know the owner well for a couple decades. We took the old one out and prepped the roof. They had the glass taken out- which is an issue because no one wants to do it in case it cracks. I believe the glass guy walked after he had trouble getting it back together. The shop finished it up and it came out really nice. It was supposed to take a week- took two weeks!
All said- I have $7-800 into it.
I have another car now that we are going to try to do our selves- ‘65 barracuda. I’m not taking out the rear glass. I have gotten the windshield out- but it has a very small crack :(. I can think of a lot of things I would rather do!
I have done airplanes before- not my favorite thing to do!
I have had a broken neck, no way I can lay inside the car and do it now , or mini tub it either as far as that goes !

I have had a broken neck, no way I can lay inside the car and do it now , or mini tub it either as far as that goes !
Take the interior (seats) out.
Not a laying down type job. I have a bad back so I have a lot of trouble working on my back. (Under the car)

Take the interior (seats) out.
Not a laying down type job. I have a bad back so I have a lot of trouble working on my back. (Under the car)
6 point cage , hard to crawl around in anyway , seats or no seats. Rear caqe struts in the way from the back, crossbar in the way in the front -------------

So - I pulled the windshield on my son’s 65 Cuda project to do the headliner. I managed to create a very small stress crack on the windshield :(. I guess I should have cut the seal- but the job seemed to be going so well. He is so bummed. Glass company says it’s not repairable. It’s about a half inch top rh side.
I’m screwed aren’t I?
Yep

It seems tinted/ shaded windshields are available- but my son wants it to be “original “. Was that option available? I would think the tint would be nicer. All cars have it . He hasn’t driven much (16).

It seems tinted/ shaded windshields are available- but my son wants it to be “original “. Was that option available? I would think the tint would be nicer. All cars have it . He hasn’t driven much (16).
Also- he is selling last years project. ‘69 Valiant sedan, slant six. 50k miles. Original paint.

Odd thread for a small block engine forum LOL. Th
Isn’t it tempered glass?
I would expect the windshield to be laminated glass. I would try the drill and epoxy. Not sure what type of bit to use; maybe someone knows.

You can use any early A body windshield ('63-'66 , Dart or Valiant) so you might find one used with no tint.

Yes, the back window glass is a tad pricier

-
Back