US 101 mags

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
i have new 101s from summit racing, beautiful finish, soon as water hit them they stained, even the slightest contact with anything leaves a mark. tried mothers mag polish, didnt touch the water stain. any tips on how to fix this, or are they just cheap wheels?

i have new 101s from summit racing, beautiful finish, soon as water hit them they stained, even the slightest contact with anything leaves a mark. tried mothers mag polish, didnt touch the water stain. any tips on how to fix this, or are they just cheap wheels?
That’s really strange because I’ve had the same wheels on my car for about a year and it’s been sitting in the yard getting rained on the whole time and they still look new. Did you use a rag and just wipe on and wipe off or did you use a buffer? Aluminum likes really soft materials (with polishing compound) moving really fast.

ive given up on trying to post pics, i just dont get it(im old)
Aluminum can b polished...depending on the style of rim. That's why I asked for pics. Remember that u can not post pics that r large file. I set my camera to "jpeg" setting so that the pic files r small enough to post. if u set ur camera to jpeg setting it should make it easier to post a pic.

im actually trying to sell them, sold the duster they were going to go on,id like to get rid of stains first, will try hi speed tomorrow

How old ? Send pics to Summit , they usually stand behind what they sell !!

I bet it's your water. Hard water will stain things like that.

so i went at it again with mag polish, 3 attempts and stains are going away!glad im switching to cop wheels and dog dish caps

There was a product that I had I think it was called Zip Seal that works very well for raw aluminum. It doesn't yellow like wax or polish and keeps the stains away. I know there is other aluminum sealers on the market as well. The sealers don't make it shine they just protect the shine that's already there.

Last edited:
Eagle One Etching mag cleaner works great but will destroy a mirror finish. Youll have to rebuff it but it'll get it all one color of....gray. I used it on some old crusty Shelby 15's in 5 on 4 (custom drilled) and they came out pretty nice. Had to scrotchbrite them with a rotary pad to get a sparkle back but it was easy as they were pretty flat. That and Mothers...

-
Back