US CAR TOOL CORE SUPPORT ?

-

kursplat

Reaction score
so what did you do to thwart the potential for rust when you installed this? also wondering if it could be done with auto body adhesive...might need to call them
Core Support Stiffeners
thanks

I prepped the surfaces, double checked the fit and made a couple of minor tweaks, shot a good coat of weld-through primer, welded it in, then shot a coat of epoxy primer. The paint won't happen until I get to that stage in the build.

Weld in, grind down cruddy spots, prep, prime, paint.
No paint? Epoxy primer.

I prepped the surfaces, double checked the fit and made a couple of minor tweaks, shot a good coat of weld-through primer, welded it in, then shot a coat of epoxy primer. The paint won't happen until I get to that stage in the build.

pretty much what i was planning to do. but i don't like it, those two pieces make a great place for water to sit.

so, back to this. found this idea here posted by pomonamissel. anyone else just replaced the OEM one with this? if i install it over the old one i'm seriously thinking of trying the panel bonding stuff

20160320_165638.jpg

DSC07021.JPG

Last edited:
It's a structural component, so I'd weld it. Just do like the others have said, and use the weld thru primer....and then the epoxy primer after you weld it. Unless you're moving to the Pacific Northwest and using it for a daily driver, I doubt it will ever rust out. I am going to use the same part on my Duster. I hadn't planned on it until I was moving the car with a floor jack....and it slipped out from under the k frame and smushed the lower core support! :mad: :BangHead:

... I hadn't planned on it until I was moving the car with a floor jack....and it slipped out from under the k frame and smushed the lower core support! :mad: :BangHead:
aww crap. that would suck. i'm going to weld it. and ya, it will last longer than i will, as long as i don't drive it in one of those salt states. looked back on US cartool's site and they say it's fine to use as a replacement or over the existing.

-
Back