USA Standard Gear 8.75 Axles

-

Davecuda

Reaction score
Found these on Rockauto, good price. Anyone have any experience using them. Been holding out hoping Dr. Diff. Would get them back in stock, but so far no luck and would like to get converted to big bolt axles before spring hits.
0E755494-8A3A-440C-8288-B221CE2C16B0.jpeg

Found these on Rockauto, good price. Anyone have any experience using them. Been holding out hoping Dr. Diff. Would get them back in stock, but so far no luck and would like to get converted to big bolt axles before spring hits.View attachment 1715854122
"What is the difference between Randy's and USA standard gears?
Spartan's are made, heat treated, etc right here in the PNW. USA Standard is a Randy's value line. Yukon and Hard Core are premium lines. USA Standard gears are made by Yukon - same materials, process, plant, drawings, etc."

Dr Diff sells them…

IF they were in stock for $295 WITH green bearings installed

the rock autos don’t have bearings

"What is the difference between Randy's and USA standard gears?
Spartan's are made, heat treated, etc right here in the PNW. USA Standard is a Randy's value line. Yukon and Hard Core are premium lines. USA Standard gears are made by Yukon - same materials, process, plant, drawings, etc."
If everything is the same, I wonder how they cut costs for the value line...

Are they designed to use A body 5x4" bearing back spacing or B,C,E body 5x4.5"
Spacing.

Backing plates and drums will need to match

Good question. I just checked Randy's and they list Yukon axles but they are out of stock. No listings for 5x4'' bolt circle
Yukon 1541H alloy rear axle for Chrysler 8.75
Yukon Gear and Axle offers an extensive line of general replacement and high performance axles for passenger car, truck and SUV applications. High quality alloys and the latest in heat-treating technologies provide a strong axle for off-road, on the street or at the track.

Last edited:
From what I was told years ago by a previous Randy's employee is that USA standard are just yukon products that didn't make the cut. As in something is irregular, gears not lapped correctly and what not, I would imagine that it may transfer to their axles as well.

I would say even though the axles above are USA standard, they are probably good.

That’s what I read to. Went ahead and ordered them and bearings from Dr. Diff, using backing plates/brakes from an 8.25, we will see how it turns out……….

Just received the axles and they are indeed Yukon brand. Not as pretty abut look like they will work.
BFC726F2-38BE-4DE6-A2B6-108776B49D6A.jpeg

I dont think anyone would release a gearset that was 'not lapped correctly' or any other defects that could be used to return an item or make it unuseable.. Usually the value line just doesnt include a warranty past 90 days or whatever the base warranty is. Same with rebuilt starters. low line 90 days mid grade 1 year high line lifetime and NEW with a lifetime. All the same starters sans the NEW ones. Ask Rob.

I dont think anyone would release a gearset that was 'not lapped correctly' or any other defects that could be used to return an item or make it unuseable.. Usually the value line just doesnt include a warranty past 90 days or whatever the base warranty is. Same with rebuilt starters. low line 90 days mid grade 1 year high line lifetime and NEW with a lifetime. All the same starters sans the NEW ones. Ask Rob.
I'm not talking could be dangerous, just more probable to be noisy. If it was a safety issue or unusable of course they wouldn't sell them. I'm not sure on the warranty but you are probably right.

-
Back