Used solid rollers

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Thats supposed to read "Solid rollers" ..I got a set but some of the rollers have some slight marks on them. Can I smooth them and use them or will it eat up the cam lobes? The marks look like maybe 2 lifters spun and scuffed the roller and 2 more look like the valve edge dented them. Dents will file smooth leaving a small 2mm wide divot but the scuffs don't look good. Does anyone sell the .750 rollers to rebuild them? I can get the axles out. I think they are solid Crower Hemi with bars. Also looking for some v shaped tie Bars to convert to LA spacing. Look like these
F142356782

Last edited:
The manufacturers can usually rebuild them. A good shop also.

Posting pictures of YOUR rollers instead of some new ones might possibly help. A little.

1469941661978530812497.jpg
1469941713088-103824689.jpg
14699417375851123185309.jpg

wanna make me dig them up eh? Well, they were right on top so.....they are a little different looking. Turns out I got 17 and one is toast so Here is the worst one (sides chewed up bad, will toss or use body/axle as spare) and the 2 others that have visible tracks. Hope you can make out the details. one on left has a little flat on the edge but I dont think it would even contact the lobe, one on right has a pock mark but its smooth. Rest look really good.

Last edited:
If you know what brand they are, you can send them in for rebuilding. If not, I would say buy new ones. If you are running them on the street, you want something like Comp Endure-X that oil the roller with pressurized oil, not just splash.

Don't try and run any of them without rebuilding ALL of them. It isn't worth the risk. Better yet, check into the cams you want to run, and be sure the roller diameter and cam profile are meant for each other. The best course of action though in my opinion is buy new ones. The valve train is not a place to try and save money. The proper springs, cam design, rockers, and pushrods all need to match each other. If the quality of any of those parts is not up to the task, the least of your problems will be a sag in the power curve. The worst will be catastrophic engine failure.

-
Back