USPS Fail

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I purchased one piece of door trim for my 70 Dart from a member on Facebook. He packaged it up in two USPS boxes taped together, due to the length.

It showed up yesterday without damage and taped. when I opened the box, it was empty minus some brown paper.

I contacted the member and he said he wrapped it in the brown paper to protect it. So either the box came open and USPS just sent it anyway or I got duped. The member is going to file a claim...

The worst part isn't his trim is so hard to find.

If the seller used two Flat Rate Boxes taped together to be large enough to fit it, chances are good they will deny the claim. There are strict limitations and they don't hesitate to enforce them.

If the seller used two Flat Rate Boxes taped together to be large enough to fit it, chances are good they will deny the claim. There are strict limitations and they don't hesitate to enforce them.

Oh really? They were this triangle ones. He said he files this morning.

I purchased one piece of door trim for my 70 Dart from a member on Facebook. He packaged it up in two USPS boxes taped together, due to the length.

It showed up yesterday without damage and taped. when I opened the box, it was empty minus some brown paper.

I contacted the member and he said he wrapped it in the brown paper to protect it. So either the box came open and USPS just sent it anyway or I got duped. The member is going to file a claim...

The worst part isn't his trim is so hard to find.
that really sucks, they are notorious for never finding missing stuff

Fedex only, UPS has destroyed to much of my stuff, mainly carbs and the boxes are always smashed

from a USA point of view, that is a little f^&ked up :lol:

Not at all. Our international members have to pay a "brokerage fee" whenever a U.S. shipper uses FedEx or UPS. I have no idea how much it is ... but shipping fees being equal with extortion as it is, I don't blame them for the honest point of view.

Since I have everyone's attention. Any chance someone has this trim for the door? It is not held on by adhesive but clips.

received_298851737622853.jpeg

Since I have everyone's attention. Any chance someone has this trim for the door? It is not held on by adhesive but clips.

View attachment 1715243372

If I were going to ship trim like that I sure wouldn't package it it cardboard boxes taped together. I'd package it in a length of PVC pipe with glued on ends. That should survive either USPS, UPS or FedEx.

oh, for a 70 dart. Man I had some CHERRY side trim when I got my 70 Dart from the original owner. 16 years ago I ripped it off because I thought it was ugly. LOL. Man I kick myself now for doing that. I appreciate that trim now in my older age. it really looks sharp. I hope the USPS goes through for you. I use the USPS all the time for fast, cheap shipping.

If I were going to ship trim like that I sure wouldn't package it it cardboard boxes taped together. I'd package it in a length of PVC pipe with glued on ends. That should survive either USPS, UPS or FedEx.

You'd think so, but this is what the USPS did to some trim I shipped that way.

Shipping damage.jpg

Not fd up at all. Zackly what Leanna said.
To the OP, I would be blaming the seller/shipper. 2 cardboard boxes taped together to hold side trim.....lmao.
PVC/ABS indestructible....good luck
from a USA point of view, that is a little f^&ked up :lol:

Not at all. Our international members have to pay a "brokerage fee" whenever a U.S. shipper uses FedEx or UPS. I have no idea how much it is ... but shipping fees being equal with extortion as it is, I don't blame them for the honest point of view.

I had a throttle-transmission rod poke a hole through the corner of the box and disappear. I didn't catch it at first but when I saw the box empty and no evidence of being opened previously I saw the 1/4" round hole. When I ship something that might poke through the tape in a corner I make sure to fold a piece of cardboard over the item and tape it to it.

I had a piece of trim damaged after the tube was folded well past 45^, this was my 67 Barracuda lower trunk trim that was flawless and only needed to polished.
2008-09-02_001.jpg
2008-09-02_002.jpg
2008-09-02_003.jpg
2008-09-02_004.jpg

Alan

I had found an NOS rocker molding for a 69 Dart GTS and it came folded over with the broken PVC tube. Claim was filed and they were shocked that a long piece of trim was valued at $300! Haven't been able to find another one since. I am about to send out another WSS front fender trim piece to a friend for free, that one will probably make it there just fine...

Sent a Dana 60 sure grip with ring and pinion to a guy in Wisconsin from Michigan. When it showed up, the pinion was missing and the box looked more like a round ball of packing tape! On it was written: “ Box appears to be damaged. Please let me know if you would like to return it! Fortunately, UPS backed the loss claim I filed.

There was one time that I shipped some trim to 'O Canada. And the gentleman wanted our friends in the Federal Government to take it to the border. I had a UPS store wrap it then took it to USPS for shipping.

Well I found a set of 4 (only need 1 door) but guy doesn't want to seperate. We struck a deal $75 for all 4 including shipping, so not bad.

He is going to send in a hard cardboard tube. He gets them at work. Also through FedEx

Part of the problem is the buyer wants is shipped as cheap as possible, most don't even want to pay extra for insurance. I just shipped 3 door glass about 1200 miles to N MN in a crate I think a mail truck can run over.Like $83 to ship. Hope it makes it.

Part of the problem is the buyer wants is shipped as cheap as possible, most don't even want to pay extra for insurance. I just shipped 3 door glass about 1200 miles to N MN in a crate I think a mail truck can run over.Like $83 to ship. Hope it makes it.
I've had horror stories from every shipper. USPS has only damaged a dash pad I sent. The box looked like somebody
had pushed it into a wall. Fed Ex delivered a package to Az. that was going to Fl. UPS is the most expensive way to ship.
I disagree with a lot of other people here about the P.O. In most instances unless package is large or real heavy I
will use P.O. for shipping, their rates are just better. I always insure and pack well everything I ship. Greyhound
sometimes takes a while, but Fed Ex or UPS rates would kill the sale on a lot of big parts.

-
Back