USPS Flat Rate Box Prices Increase?

-

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For other sellers of parts on this forum, the prices to send out flat rate box's, have gone up in price again.
Surprised me this morning, when sending out a small flat rate box to a buyer of mine.
So if your selling, adjust your mailing cost up higher.
Thought I'd let you know.
I kinda think i'm gonna wean myself away in trying to sell parts.
Lately everything seems to be in the dumpster, and down the toilet drain.
This inflation, and economy is hurting everything, in my opinion.

Last edited:
For other sellers of parts on this forum, the prices to send out flat rate box's, have gone up in price again.
Surprised me this morning, when sending out a small flat rare box to a buyer of mine.
So if your selling, adjust your mailing cost up higher.
Thought I'd let you know.
I kinda think i'm gonna wean myself away in trying to sell parts.
Lately everything seems to be in the dumpster, and down the toilet drain.
This inflation, and economy is hurting everything, in my opinion.
I saw that my last trip to the PO. Small packages it's still cheaper than Fed Ex or UPS.

Yeah, $17 for the medium flat rate this morning was a surprise. Trying to source my parts locally now as much as possible.

Yep, small flat rate went from 9.45 to 10.40. They seem to be bumping it up about every six months now. In alot of cases its actually cheaper to send it in a non flat rate box.

Yep, small flat rate went from 9.45 to 10.40. They seem to be bumping it up about every six months now. In alot of cases its actually cheaper to send it in a non flat rate box.
I'm going to hafta remember that, the next time i need to package up something rather small, to send out.

It could always be worse like up here. One of the big vendors wanted $75 extra shipping for a front to rear brake line. I already had 65 items in my cart with a $300 shipping fee.

I write alot of Purchase orders daily for our Maintenance department. I can tell you nothing and nobody is now shielded from the economic situation. And especially shipping in general. Regular ground is bad enough but if you put any sauce of top like early AM delivery people are charging an absorbent amount just to process it.... Get ready, cause it's coming....

JW

@71 swinger 225 why the Red X? Cheaper than USPS? Not that I see.

1665845120008.png

I was unpleasantly surprised when the online Time & Cost Calculator I use for customers' return shipments conveniently left out $19 in "non-standard package fees," now apparently imposed on any box measuring over 22 inches.
16658486021595049470925877369357.jpg

I shipped a transmission crossmember to somebody a while back, and the dude at the post office told me it would be cheaper to put it in a Priority Mail box and pay the weight. It was significantly cheaper to do it that way.

I was unpleasantly surprised when the online Time & Cost Calculator I use for customers' return shipments conveniently left out $19 in "non-standard package fees," now apparently imposed on any box measuring over 22 inches.
View attachment 1715998327
Just for comparison, try the pirateship.com estimator and see what they would cost. They ship usps and ups but rates are much better.

I write alot of Purchase orders daily for our Maintenance department. I can tell you nothing and nobody is now shielded from the economic situation. And especially shipping in general. Regular ground is bad enough but if you put any sauce of top like early AM delivery people are charging an absorbent amount just to process it.... Get ready, cause it's coming....

JW
Pls don't bend over

-
Back