UTG engine build "callout"

-

replicaracer43

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Just when you thought you have seen everything. It seems old uncle tony has decided to "call out" steve dulcich and david friberger with a a mopar "318 build" but, with zero new parts other than a gasket set being allowed. Quite bizarre. What do you guys think?

Just when you thought you have seen everything. It seems old uncle tony has decided to "call out" steve dulcich and david friberger with a a mopar "318 build" but, with zero new parts other than a gasket set being allowed. Quite bizarre. What do you guys think?

That sounds funny.....what are "they" bringin to the table?

I don't think Freiburger and co. Would even do it. I don't think I'd do it...I mean who welds a rounded off cam and regrinds the lobe...yes if you are on a deserted island and you can't find a replacement cam. One of uncle Tony rules is no new internal parts, a little ridiculous IMO...They are both suppposedly starting with junkyard 318 ...also they can say "uncle Tony, what about our original callout?..." you have yet to prove reversing pistons is a actual power gain.

I'd like to see it. I wouldn't care who won, I'd like to see what they ended up with for power. Actually, with the rules more plainly written out, I think it would be fun to participate.
Keep in mind, MT guys started it with the "call out" first. If they call, Tony gets to chose the weapons. Isn't that how it works?? LOL

P.S. - Bottle Rocket cut a 1.72 60 ft time on all motor before blowing a LCA bushing?

Wasn't the original call for Tony to prove a power gain by flipping the pistons ? A dyno run then open it up flip the pistons then another dyno run? I'd like to see it also. It reminds me of being in auto shop. I took apart a small block Chevy in class. The person before assembled it with no compression rings on one piston. I rummaged through a box of junk, found rings, file fit them and it fired up. Instructor said " you get an a..." he also said after he saw the piston with no ring " that must be why we has a crankcase explosion last semester...:)

Wasn't the original call for Tony to prove a power gain by flipping the pistons ? A dyno run then open it up flip the pistons then another dyno run?
He said if they paid for it, he'd bring the car and gaskets and do it at the track. I think the deal here with the 318 2bbl is Tony would swap the banks, and of course MT wouldn't. Everything else would be up to the ports, heads and anything else you could think to do with the factory components, and 2bbl.

What do you guys think?

i think he is making money of his videos and the more people watch it, the more money he makes

so, what do people watch?
others doing stupid stuff (like the jackass movies, or swapping a /6 into a miata)
famous people...more people are going to watch a competition between tony and frieburger then between tony and ben drinkin

oh and hobags, people like watching hobags so throw so halfnekid girls in there too

I saw that.....with the left front tire in the air. In the air. lol
My personal opinion is he'll get the car to go low 13's, end up hitting it with a 250 shot and go his 10.99. And then.... a lot, and I mean a lot of folks that want to see him face plant, both on youtube and here on FABO will be "cricket silent"... And, of course, they'll not start a thread about THAT video.. LOL. Personally, I couldn't care less except it's free entertainment when I get home from work late and the house is quiet :)

i think he is making money of his videos and the more people watch it, the more money he makes
Yep, every thread or video made by those that love getting their feathers ruffled only bring more views and subscribers to his channel. UTG said he loves the trolls, he makes a lot of money off of them :D

He said if they paid for it, he'd bring the car and gaskets and do it at the track. I think the deal here with the 318 2bbl is Tony would swap the banks, and of course MT wouldn't. Everything else would be up to the ports, heads and anything else you could think to do with the factory components, and 2bbl.
Yeah Tony would use his tricks and speed secrets. The other side may not have any without bolt ons.
My personal opinion is he'll get the car to go low 13's, end up hitting it with a 250 shot and go his 10.99. And then.... a lot, and I mean a lot of folks that want to see him face plant, both on youtube and here on FABO will be "cricket silent"... And, of course, they'll not start a thread about THAT video.. LOL. Personally, I couldn't care less except it's free entertainment when I get home from work late and the house is quiet :)
I hope he does it. Just to prove what he's been saying about the 318 LA engine.

Here's where I'm at with it. Just imagine for a second if that drive train was in a dart. With the same lightening process. And hookin up. With no LCA bushing failure. How quick would it be? I'm curious to see how quick the car is as is once repaired.

Has it been his plan all along to hit it with gas?

so, what do people watch?
others doing stupid stuff (like the jackass movies, or swapping a /6 into a miata)
famous people...more people are going to watch a competition between tony and frieburger then between tony and ben drinkin

oh and hobags, people like watching hobags so throw so halfnekid girls in there too

Yeah if Tony had scantily clad "garage girls" lurking around in the videos it'd be a done deal he'd quadruple his viewers...

Has it been his plan all along to hit it with gas?
Yes. What is NEVER mentioned here on FABO is the truth of the project. From the beginning, UTG said...
  1. run at least one 10 second pass on NOS
  2. He wanted low 8's in the 1/8 on motor, then start to spray, 100, then 150 and all the way up to 300 shot if that's what it takes
  3. He plans on blowing up 2, maybe 3 318's to get there
  4. He plans on breaking parts such as the 4 speed, rear to get there
  5. Everything that was in the plan has happened to this point.
  6. Others claim his troubles are due to poor planning, while it has all been in the plans since the beginning
  7. When he blows up that 318, it will be counted as a fail by some. Tony has planned for it to fail.

Yeah if Tony had scantily clad "garage girls" lurking around in the videos it'd be a done deal he'd quadruple his viewers...

Well his wife Kathy is a hottie. She'll laugh if she's readin this.

Yes. What is NEVER mentioned here on FABO is the truth of the project. From the beginning, UTG said...
  1. run at least one 10 second pass on NOS
  2. He wanted low 8's in the 1/8 on motor, then start to spray, 100, then 150 and all the way up to 300 shot if that's what it takes
  3. He plans on blowing up 2, maybe 3 318's to get there
  4. He plans on breaking parts such as the 4 speed, rear to get there
  5. Everything that was in the plan has happened to this point.
  6. Others claim his troubles are due to poor planning, while it has all been in the plans since the beginning
  7. When he blows up that 318, it will be counted as a fail by some. Tony has planned for it to fail.

I remember the Car Craft article "Junkyard Dog" where they took a 360 from a junkyard, got it runnin threw it in an a body.....I forget which one and put incremental steps of gas on it TRYING to blow it up and never did. They just kept going faster.

My money is on Dulcich.
It should be interesting at least.
I doubt they take the challenge for a couple reasons.
  • they (MT guys) have nothing to gain, everything to lose. In fact, I'm surprised they even called Tony out the first time.
  • Two Dyno's across the country from each other wouldn't support a 20 hp win for either
  • Yes, I'd take Steve building my motor for my car too..

I doubt they take the challenge for a couple reasons.
  • they (MT guys) have nothing to gain, everything to lose. In fact, I'm surprised they even called Tony out the first time.
  • Two Dyno's across the country from each other wouldn't support a 20 hp win for either
  • Yes, I'd take Steve building my motor for my car too..

what was the first call out they did on tony?

-
Back