V8 k member?

-

Sam_318

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen! Finally got around to pulling the engine and transmission out of my 71 duster. last piece I'm stealing for my 69 valiant,so I can sell the duster. The motor mounts would not line up as installing into valiant. It dropped right in the duster, the guy I bought the duster from told me it's a v6 k member so I bought v6 adapter mounts. I plan on buying a qa1 k member so I wasn't really worried but it kept bugging me. So today after work I started taking the power steering box out because that's the only difference from the duster I could think of. Did not make a difference so can anyone tell me how I could tell if it's a v8 k member? Is it normal for the welds to be real sloppy from the factory? Was there such thing as people fabricating v6 k members to fit v8s?

20230328_182926.jpg

20230328_182326.jpg

20230328_182015.jpg

20230328_182008.jpg

Snapchat-70658886.jpg

That looks very slant 6 to me with the pass side mount boss off center.
I think you mean slant 6 and not v6.
Another member recently mentioned about using different mounts/ brackets on a 6 cyl k frame. I will look for it and share.

That looks very slant 6 to me with the pass side mount boss off center.
I think you mean slant 6 and not v6.
Another member recently mentioned about using different mounts/ brackets on a 6 cyl k frame. I will look for it and share.
The picture of the k member is from the duster. Yes I meant slant 6 thank you, being that the motor is already sitting in the the car is there a way you can tell? It does appear that both mounting areas look the same on my valiant. As from the duster one side is flatter.

30518FDE-AF14-4643-8791-FBAE9534ED5C.jpeg
This is a slant 6.
Notice the lower boss on the pass side and flatter like yours.
A little hard to tell by the angle of the photo of your duster but looks the same to me.
Im thinking your new mounts will Solve your problem if they are for your “biscuit mounts”.

look at the 2 pics. see where the lower control arm pin goes into the k member. /6 mount lines up with idler arm and v8 mount lines up with to lca pin. that is how i tell them apart.

Im a little rusty on this, but wouldnt that be the other way around?
look at the 2 pics. see where the lower control arm pin goes into the k member. /6 mount lines up with idler arm and v8 mount lines up with to lca pin. that is how i tell them apart.

I thought slant 6 mounting pads were further apart than the small block pads.

-
Back