V8 Swap Radiator

-

Nick96

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm just getting everything together to swap my Slant 6/904 out for a 360/904 set up. Will be using the Schumacher conversion mounts to do this. I am under the impression from what I've read and logic that my stock /6 radiator will not be sufficient. I'm having a heck of a time trying to track down an original A-Body small block rad, so I would appreciate any sizing advice and/or specific radiator suggestions. I'm more than open to/preferring aluminum radiator options as well.

Thanks in advance!

go with aluminum radiator. I am using champion in some of my cars. Cools much better and so far not having any problems with them. Thy should have the correct radiator you need for a v8 application, I want to say it should be a 22 inch

Just recognize the port configuration -inlet and outlet are different from early small blocks to newer small block.

Hey guys,

So I'm just getting everything together to swap my Slant 6/904 out for a 360/904 set up. Will be using the Schumacher conversion mounts to do this. I am under the impression from what I've read and logic that my stock /6 radiator will not be sufficient. I'm having a heck of a time trying to track down an original A-Body small block rad, so I would appreciate any sizing advice and/or specific radiator suggestions. I'm more than open to/preferring aluminum radiator options as well.

Thanks in advance!
Rock auto has some cheapo chinese re-po's on there. Champion or Griffin also makes decent radiators. or you could go with Be-Cool or one of other other big named ones.

I switched my 69 cuda from /6 to a 360. I went with the 3 row version, bolted right in. Haven't got the car on the road yet, but I also have champion radiators in my 2 race cars and they do the job.

Hey what radiator did you end up getting. I'm about to purchase one aswel . Did shumacher have your mounts in stock? I'm still waiting for 73 /6 mounts to small block to be made.

-
Back