Vacuum/boost signal

-

dodgy

Reaction score
Hello, I have a small b&m blower manifold that has only a small 1/8npt port on 5&7 runner's, this i will run to a gauge, however i need to run a line to the carb that is boost referenced and also a line to the boost retard on the msd box, these have the larger hose nipple than the gauge, so i was thinking i may be able to take the vac/boost signal from the port that runs directly in the middle of the floor of the plenum (I think it's for an EGR) So my question is will i get the same vacuum inches from the port runner as i will from the plenum floor? It's one of thoses things I'm not sure on till i suck it and see.
Hope some of you could give me some insight on this, Thanks.

20140902_171216.jpg

The plenum wall at front or rear is likely pretty thin, but if you are careful you should be able to tap a 1/8 pipe thread in there. Due to blower overhang you may need to connect the hose/ fitting before the blower is installed etc.

If you are not comfortable with the thin material, and this looks like a new? piece, you could have a welder tig an aluminum boss in the rear wall to add strength, then drill and tap that

It’s going to be the same signal. Just reduce the large ports of the mad and gauge and tee everything off your current 1/8npt fitting if you’d like

-
Back