Vacuum hose routing

-

Bani

Reaction score
Dear Mopar Guys,

I have a question abouting of the vacuum hoses. In the Plymouth Barracuda Service Manual 1966 on Site 14-71 is a description about the Distributor Vacuum Control Valve .

Here are all three ports described. In my case only the Port to Manifold is loaded. The port to Distributor is closed with an plug, the port to the Carb is open.

The Distributor vacuum hangs direct on the Carb.

Original Distributor and Carter BBD 1-1/4 are installed.

Is this setup correct, or is the hose routing wrong??

Kind regards
Bernhard

The vacuum advance for the distributor needs "ported vacuum" not "intake vacuum"...

Ported vacuum comes in just after idle, intake vacuum is high at idle....

If you hook up the distributor to intake vacuum, you will have full vacuum advance kicked in at idle...

Put a vacuum gauge on the port and see if it has high vacuum at idle or kicks in just when you crack open the throttle...

Thank you krazykuda, but for what i have the Distributor Control Valve when only the Manifold is connected and the other two ports are free?

Thank you krazykuda, but for what i have the Distributor Control Valve when only the Manifold is connected and the other two ports are free?

If that's similar to the green vacuum canister from my 67 with california emissions, one nipple goes to ported vacuum, one to intake vacuum, then the other to the distributor...

You would need to refer to a service manual to find out which port is which...

-
Back