Car Parts For Sale Archive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugger8985

Slugger8985 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:18 PM
    Contact Seller
    I'm tearing down my 66 Valiant 2 door HT and are ready to part ways with alot of the parts. I have a bunch that I'd be willing to get rid of. Here's a list of some of them, and like I said there's a bunch so feel free to ask and I'll run through them and see if I got what you need. I'm willing to negotiate on the price so throw something out and we can go from there. Parts include:

225 Super Slant Six Block
    225 Super Slant Six Manifold
    225 Super Slant Six Head
    225 Super Slant Six Valve Cover
    (Basically all the components for the engine, etc.)
    2 Bench seat
    All of the glass (including windshield, rear window, etc.)

Like I said, I have too much to really list so just ask and I'll check and see what I've got. I'd be willing to ship some of the stuff, but the engine block I'd prefer for pick-up. Thanks for looking!!!

2. '64 Cuda

'64 Cuda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'm looking for a nice 3 spoke woodgrain steering wheel & the plastic cover that goes over the trunk latch. Also would like a nice cardboard cover for the wiring between the tail lights.

3. 66cuda-s

66cuda-s Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:18 AM
    Do you have a "little or no rust" drivers side front fender?
    Thanks.

4. 74slnt6

74slnt6 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:18 PM
    you selling the air cleaner? what shapes it in?

5. memike

memike Super Moderator Staff Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Is the / engine a 66 model ?
    I might be interested in the valve cover :happy10:
    Shipping would be about $20, Sure wish you had a picture of the 66 8)
    Mine is a Sedan :-D
    What kind of condition is the valve cover in please, and welcome.
    One more thing :clock: Is it a two bbl intake ?

6. Slugger8985

Local Time:
    Ok I'll try and touch all bases with one message. Thanks again for looking everybody, and if I am wrong with a reply to your question please correct me.

'64 Cuda:
    I do not have a woodgrain steering wheel the only thing I have is the stock wheel that came with it. My Val didnt come with a cover for the trunk latch it simply has a key lock (blanking on the actual name for it). Also, the only thing I remember coming off with the taillights were rubber gaskets, not cardboard. I think that was what you were asking for but please correct me if I misunderstood.

66Cuda-s
    I do have the fender you are looking for but unfortunately it's the only one I have. My original plan was to get a pair of fiberglass fenders (seens how it's gonna be a drag car) but still being in school I'm broke. So I'll still need the fender to go back on once it gets blasted.

74sInt6
    Which part exactly are you talking about? I have everything from the motor still in tact I just want to make sure I get the right part you are talkin about.

memike
    As far as I know the 225 that I took out of it is the stock motor. The guy I bought the car from said it was so I would assume it is. I do have the valve cover and its in good shape. If you need the bolts for it too I also have those. Again if you want to send me an e-mail address I'll e-mail you some pictures of it. I have tried to get pictures of it up on this site but for some reason it won't let me add them. As soon as I click to upload them it just shows that it's trying but never does anything after that.

7. tmj91

tmj91 member 10,000

Local Time:
    do you have pictures of the seats?

8. Slugger8985

Local Time:
    I do have pictures of the seats but this site won't let me upload them. It shows that it's trying but it never actually uploads them. If you want to send me an e-mail address I can send you the ones I took. Sorry if the quality is a little on the poor side, I had to take them with my iPhone because my camera is shot. Thanks again for looking!

9. tmj91

tmj91 member 10,000

Local Time:
    what condition are they in? any large tears or holes? and what color?

10. Slugger8985

Local Time:
    The seats are still usable. They are in great shape considering how long the car was sitting. They would probably need to be reupholstered I would think, but if you are looking for seats to keep the car as stock as possible without having to buy brand new seats I'd say they'd work just fine. The only thing I can think off the top of my head is underneath the seat (in the springs) is kind've dirty but I could clean that out best I could before any shipping or anything. The cloth part of the seats is a baby-ish blue while the sides and back are a little darker than the baby blue. The last time I looked over them I didn't find any tears or holes or anything, which again I was surprised considering the car had been sitting for so long. Thanks again for asking!

11. Slugger8985

Local Time:
    If I haven't answered a question anyone's had so far let me know and I'll get to it

12. tmj91

tmj91 member 10,000

Local Time:
    ok thanks, thats the color i have right now i was looking for a red seat. so nevermind thank you

13. bamacuda

bamacuda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If its a red seat that you want, you can use the Vinyl Paint (Krylon, I think) and do it it many light coats and it looks great, matches the mid 60's mopar red interior, and is quite durable. I did the rear seat in my 65 Valiant and it looks great!

14. Slugger8985

Local Time:
    With that vinyl paint is it pretty high quality or would you expect to have to put a couple coats of it on every few years? Sounds like it might save a couple bucks by not having to get them re-upholstered

15. valiant1966

valiant1966 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Wouldn't mind having the head off that engine but worried about shipping to 45014. Got a price for me? Just curious, is yours the 2-door sedan(posts) or the 2-door hard top. I understand that the sedan is more popular for drag but I love it when I roll down all the windows and it's wide open spaces. Thanks

16. valiant1966

Local Time:
    Also, if you don't have much luck here, try the slant six forum. I'm sure there would be buyers there.

17. Slugger8985

Local Time:
    Its the 2 door sedan. I had found a hardtop near where I live but the guy selling it wouldn't come down on it at all. He was asking a price for a halfway rusted out car that I wouldn't have paid for a showroom quality Val. So I started looking elsewhere and found this one for $500. I wanted the hardtop, but for $500 and being pretty hard to find, I was willing to go with it. So far its been a great car to work on. It had been sitting under a tree for 20 years before the guy finally decided he didn't want to spend the money to fix it back up. It even still has the Chrysler Certicard. Buuuttttt anyways, I'll check with FedEx first thing tomorrow to see how much shipping would be. As far as asking price, that's negotiable

18. valiant1966

Local Time:
    Sounds like a nice deal. Don't blame you for jumping on it. Wish I was in Kansas, I would be interested in it all. Gotta go out to the garage after work tomorrow and see what else I might need. I'll check back tomorrow evening. Thanks

19. Slugger8985

Local Time:
    That'd be okay with me haha. I've got a bunch of the engine stuff and some of the interior but not alot. I'm trying to get my hands on either a 440 or a nice sb for some high horses output. I was originally going to do the 440 because let's be honest, it's a big block, but I talked to a guy on here not too long ago that either had a 340 or a 383 and it was pushing 650+ hp. That's the good thing about those small blocks is you can wind them high like that. But I don't know exactly which route I'm going yet so I don't know.

20. memike

memike Super Moderator Staff Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    PM sent

21. Slugger8985

Local Time:
    PM replied to

22. Slugger8985

Local Time:
    Both manifold and block are cast iron, and the manifold is 2bbl. Just throwing that out there in case anyone was interested

23. valiant1966

Local Time:
    What ya need for the manifold and carb? Would that be a super six with a carter? Shipping for 45014. Still wanting to know about that about that head. If I keep going, we'll just ship the whole engine one piece at a time. LOL Thanks

24. Slugger8985

Local Time:
    Send me an e-mail address and I'll send you a picture of it. As far as I know it works but you could take a look at it and we can go from there. That okay? Thanks again for looking!

Brad

25. valiant1966

Local Time:
    PM sent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.