Valley pan for small block ?

-

Mopar-Mitch

Reaction score
I'm in the process of putting a factory cast iron intake and thermoquad back on my 71 Demon. The splash shield has been removed from the bottom for cleaning, I don't trust putting the drivets back in to hold the plate, but yet I want to leave the exhaust crossover open so the factory choke will work. I ran across this felpro intake gasket searching the internet and am wondering if this is for real, it would work perfect for my application and I'd just leave the splash plate off and have no loose drivet worries. Has anyone ever used one of these? Are they really available? I don't really want to use a valley shield or tap the intake for bolts.

Screenshot_2019-07-09-21-11-10.png

I have NEVER seen that and that doesn’t look right.

I'm guessing that if I ordered it, it would just be regular intake gaskets, that picture doesn't look Mopar to me.

Guys, there are no holes between our intake ports......sheesh!

I figured that wasn't right, sometime's searches pull up all kinds of weird stuff. Guess I'll be hammering the drivets back in with red loctite.

I'm in the process of putting a factory cast iron intake and thermoquad back on my 71 Demon. The splash shield has been removed from the bottom for cleaning, I don't trust putting the drivets back in to hold the plate, but yet I want to leave the exhaust crossover open so the factory choke will work. I ran across this felpro intake gasket searching the internet and am wondering if this is for real, it would work perfect for my application and I'd just leave the splash plate off and have no loose drivet worries. Has anyone ever used one of these? Are they really available? I don't really want to use a valley shield or tap the intake for bolts.

View attachment 1715361333

Why not drill and tap the holes where the rivets went in and put in bolts????

If they feel loose. Clean the holes and rivets with Brake clean to remove any oils. Then apply JB weld. hammer the rivit in.

-
Back