Valley pan for Stage VI heads

Discussion in 'Big Block A body Tech' started by Garys72Duster, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Garys72Duster

Garys72Duster Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    I have some ported Stage VI heads I want to try out. The spacer has a thin recess cut into it, for a valley pan. Then you use paper gaskets on top where the intake manifold meets the spacer. So is there a special valley pan that will work on there? Or do I just cut the intake port portion off a stock valley pan?

2. Dana

Dana FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    9:44 PM
    Hughes used to sell one, but it could use a stiffener welded down the center.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • PRH

PRH Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      9:44 PM
      I just used a piece of sheet metal(aluminum) cut/trimmed to size, and just had the sides bent up a bit to conform to the heads.

If you don’t drill and tap a few extra holes to physically “mount” the spacers to the heads(socket head screws in recessed holes), then technically you’d want to run gaskets on either side of the spacer.

• oldkimmer

oldkimmer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      8:44 PM
      On my 470 stroker it is a sheet of aluminum that bolts down with the front and rear rail bolts. I seal it with rtv or the right stuff depending which I have on hand. I’ll see if I got a pic. Kim

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 8:32 PM
    • Garys72Duster

Garys72Duster Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      7:44 PM
      20190113_194003.jpg 20190113_194038.jpg 20190113_193931.jpg
      I have already drilled, and countersunk the spacers and tapped the heads. Bolted spacers to the heads with allen head screws. I guess I will need a thin film of silicone between the 2? There are locator pins on the spacers for proper alignment. Then I can just trim the port area off a stock gasket, and put that on before the spacer. Then use paper gaskets at manifold to head. Here's a few pics of the head showing the gap for the valley pan, and the bolts.