value of rebuilt 727 small block trans

-

moparraceman

Reaction score
i have a 340 727 trans its rebuilt what should i ask, it comes with a stock 340 convertor ? also have a 3200 stall small block used very little convertor what should i ask for it ? thanks

About $50.00 plus free shipping... What's your PayPal address?:poke::rofl:

Remember you asked!

What do you think it's worth? You gonna include a warranty? If the answer is no, it doesn't matter how fresh it is, it's a core without a warranty.

When I bought my current '69 Dart project about 12 years ago it came with what the previous owner claimed to be a newly rebuilt SB 727.
I sold it 2 years ago for $150 and included the stock converter that came with the trans in the car.
I never pulled the pan, and I never received any complaints from the guy who bought the tranny.

Almost every trans I take apart has been apart before. None of them were assembled correctly. Overhaul kits are too cheap; so any clown can "slap a kit in it". Check and see if the end play is over .040. Clutch clearance is never right; they just re-use the original snap ring; no matter if it's correct or not. I would ask $400 and guarantee it. $150 for the 3200 converter.

-
Back