-
Status
Not open for further replies.

taterman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
In search of good used or NOS #4095780 Valve Cover. Must be a 1981-1987 225 Slant 6,
1980 and earlier won't work. Rebuilding a 1987 to put in my 1975 Dart Sport and the valve cover is dented. Let me know what you have. (Note- Hydraulic slant sixes were painted black from the factory and were available 1981-1983 in cars, 1981-1987 in trucks/vans)
IMG_3653.jpg
IMG_3657.jpg
IMG_3656.jpg

Thanks for the offer but I do need the one for the Hydraulic Slant 6. It has the front passenger side notched for access to the alternator and uses a different gasket.

I have one that comes with the rest of a long block still attached,I'd like the truck oil pan and pickup tube off of it though.out of my 85 d150, still ran like a sewing machine when removed "just" under 100k miles.
If I was gonna do anything with it I'd rebuild it for "MORE POWER" haha (that's what I did with the /6 that replaced it)

I have one that comes with the rest of a long block still attached,I'd like the truck oil pan and pickup tube off of it though.out of my 85 d150, still ran like a sewing machine when removed "just" under 100k miles.
If I was gonna do anything with it I'd rebuild it for "MORE POWER" haha (that's what I did with the /6 that replaced it)
Any chance your engine was out of a truck that had Air conditioning?

Nope it didn't have air, I searched a long time to find a/c brackets that are going onto the "new" rebuilt engine
and as far as boneyards selling a valve cover .. if they have a complete engine that they think they may have a chance to sell as a complete running engine, they're not as willing to sell any parts from it.
That and as these get even older than they are, many have been crushed, besides alot can't be "bothered" on parts for an engine that has been out of production for over 30 years,
When I go to the local yards I see less and less piles of core engines laying around of any brand these days

Nope it didn't have air, I searched a long time to find a/c brackets that are going onto the "new" rebuilt engine
and as far as boneyards selling a valve cover .. if they have a complete engine that they think they may have a chance to sell as a complete running engine, they're not as willing to sell any parts from it.
That and as these get even older than they are, many have been crushed, besides alot can't be "bothered" on parts for an engine that has been out of production for over 30 years,
When I go to the local yards I see less and less piles of core engines laying around of any brand these days
So would you be willing to swap valve covers with me and I would pay shipping both ways plus what you need for your valve cover. Mine does not interfere with anything on the valve train and doesn't leak. It's just dented and won't look good on my restoration project.

Not at this time, yours won't fit this engine/ I want to keep it sealed up so it doesn't get full of shop dust and such, as it's still a running engine. I would make a deal on the whole engine though.

Not at this time, yours won't fit this engine/ I want to keep it sealed up so it doesn't get full of shop dust and such, as it's still a running engine. I would make a deal on the whole engine though.
Thanks, I will keep that in mind, but continue to look for just a valve cover

In search of good used or NOS #4095780 Valve Cover. Must be a 1981-1987 225 Slant 6,
1980 and earlier won't work. Rebuilding a 1987 to put in my 1975 Dart Sport and the valve cover is dented. Let me know what you have. (Note- Hydraulic slant sixes were painted black from the factory and were available 1981-1983 in cars, 1981-1987 in trucks/vans)View attachment 1715986921 View attachment 1715986922 View attachment 1715986920

You mention being willing to pay the freight both ways. I have one in good shape I would trade you, just add in $10 for a sixer to keep me from getting thirsty while pulling it and getting it ready to ship. I have an 82 D150 slant, so yes I know the difference and yes it's a hydraulic cover.

You mention being willing to pay the freight both ways. I have one in good shape I would trade you, just add in $10 for a sixer to keep me from getting thirsty while pulling it and getting it ready to ship. I have an 82 D150 slant, so yes I know the difference and yes it's a hydraulic cover.
Sounds good to me! Let me know how much the shipping will be and I will be happy to send you payment for the shipping plus $10. Let me know how you want paid, I can pay it through PayPal or send a check/money order with my valve cover when I ship it to you.

Looks like you found one. I had that same issue before I ended up swapping the slant for a small block. I was told you can swap the head for an earlier head and keep the hydraulic lifters and rocker arms etc. That way use an earlier valve cover, which is MUCH easier to find. If I remember correctly it had to be a pre-'72 head to fit the lifters through.

Looks like you found one. I had that same issue before I ended up swapping the slant for a small block. I was told you can swap the head for an earlier head and keep the hydraulic lifters and rocker arms etc. That way use an earlier valve cover, which is MUCH easier to find. If I remember correctly it had to be a pre-'72 head to fit the lifters through.
Yes, I did. Thanks for the idea on using the older cup style plug head, I think that is so that the hydraulic lifters can be changed out without removing the head and the newer head won't allow them to be pulled without removing the head

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back