Valve to piston clearance

-
These are the specs of my pistons
20190610_214214.jpg

….did a little math.. even if the cam is in straight up, those reliefs are deep enough for your cam/exh valve/pistons to miss, but not by much. .030"
If you were installed at 104° you would widen it another .018" to get .048. Not enough
Unfortunately, the spec sheet doesn't list what valve sizes the reliefs were cut for... could be the issue.
Your cam is right in line for those heads. although I am surprised it isn't on a bigger lobe.
Please let us know what you find on the cam position.
Take up yellowrose's offer.. he'll do you right.

Are you meaning like my valves? They were made to accommodate my trick flow 270 max wedge heads. Int 2.190 ext 1.760

Yes, I remember you saying that.
I'm just stating the relief depth is listed, but not the valve size they were made for.
I love a good mystery... in the theater, not while building an engine :)
They list the angle of the reliefs.. pretty important, as long as the TF-270's valves are on 15°, you're good there...
(wish you were a bit closer...)

"Deck to crown thickness .230" That's not a ton. Especially when you have to cut some out.

With a .245 deep intake pocket you should have a mile of P/V. That's pretty damn deep. Probably deeper than need be.

Sounds like you need to verify cam timing and that is most likely the issue.

BTW, you said you used clay to measure P/V which is good, but did you say if you were using checking springs or the actual spring you are running? Did you have the head gasket on? Lash at zero or set?

-
Back