Valves 11/32" Stems, Big Block Heads

-

JGC403

Reaction score
I'm taking a set of "452" casting heads to the machine shop for a re-build. I am having the guides replaced for use with 11/32" valve stems. So far the only place that I have found valves that will work for what I am doing are from Edelbrock or Ferrea. Edelbrock Intake 9641, Exhaust 9643, or Ferrea F6307 and F6306. Edelbrocks are about half as much as the Ferrea. Anyone know of anyother sources of valves with 11/32" stems that will work in stock heads?

Thank you. Have you used them? Who do you order them from? Are they cheaper than Ferrea?

Thank you. Have you used them? Who do you order them from? Are they cheaper than Ferrea?
I have used and sold SI valves for 15 years. If you spend over a $100 with them (which you will) they make you a dealer. Just give them your last name and add the word Machine to sound like you have a business. They just want to sell valves and since they are in California they shouldn't charge you sales tax either. They are Chinese made, so yes they are a lot cheaper. I know of no one I ever sold valves to that broke one including myself. They are an excellent valve for what you pay, but if your turning the engine over 7500 rpms with a 1000# open spring pressure then I would go with the Ferrea.

Tom

Last edited:
Since I can no longer correct my above post I need to make a correction here. SI valves are not made in China. They have been sourced from Argentina for the last 15-years according to the conversation I had with SI a few months ago. In the very early days they were sourced from China, but no one at SI ever told me they had changed to South American manufactured products years ago. For what it's worth a good portion of the reasonably priced 1-piece, stainless steel, swirl polished racing valves are produced in Argentina. I am glad I was able to stumble onto this old thread and make the correction.

Tom

Since I can no longer correct my above post I need to make a correction here. SI valves are not made in China. They have been sourced from Argentina for the last 15-years according to the conversation I had with SI a few months ago. In the very early days they were sourced from China, but no one at SI ever told me they had changed to South American manufactured products years ago. For what it's worth a good portion of the reasonably priced 1-piece, stainless steel, swirl polished racing valves are produced in Argentina. I am glad I was able to stumble onto this old thread and make the correction.

Tom
Nice of you to go to the trouble, Tom. Thanks.

I'm taking a set of "452" casting heads to the machine shop for a re-build. I am having the guides replaced for use with 11/32" valve stems. So far the only place that I have found valves that will work for what I am doing are from Edelbrock or Ferrea. Edelbrock Intake 9641, Exhaust 9643, or Ferrea F6307 and F6306. Edelbrocks are about half as much as the Ferrea. Anyone know of anyother sources of valves with 11/32" stems that will work in stock heads?
440 source has them also

The last set of valves we put in my stealth heads came from REV

is there any reason not to use a set of Stealth heads? Redoing the 452's seems like stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime. A max ported set of 452's won't outflow a set of OOTB stealths. Even if someone made a set flow that good before long they would likely develop cracks.

-
Back