Valvoline VR1 10w30 vs Lucas Hot Rod 10w40

-

Mopah340

Reaction score
Hi all, I know I’m opening up another can of worms here, I’m currently running VR1 20w50, for the last 4 years since I owed my 340. I’ve been told it’s to heavy for a street car here in the summer months in Boston area. So I’d like to stick with Valvoline VR1 but afraid to go down to 10w30 since the 20w50, which I think has been ok. But for Dino oil in 10w40, I keep going back to Lucas Hot rod. Thoughts? Again, sorry for another oil thread. thanks

I've been running VR-1 10w-30 in my Dusters for the past few years and I like it. Just my experience, nothing against lucas at all

I use VRI 20w50 during the summer, I run my bearing clearances on the loose side though.
for that matter I always have used 20w50 in all my factory old Mopars. Hasn't failed me yet.

I use VRI 20w50 during the summer, I run my bearing clearances on the loose side though.
for that matter I always have 20w50 in all my factory old Mopars. Hasn't failed me yet.
Thanks for the replies.
I’m not sure how the engine was built, only paperwork found states “bored 30 over with hydraulic purple cam( bigger)”. That was only info about motor with stacks of paperwork with car.

My engines always told me what they liked.

-
Back