VAN OF WAR..... 1/4 mile results

-
A fantastically FUN video! Thanks for the entertainment. And that thing is impressive. lol

Did your friend have any good deals.
Yes! It was in the video. He gave me 2 MT front runners (26x7.50)I'll use on Drag Truck, front adjustable shocks (competition engineering) for my Duster, and rear adjustable shocks for a Duster!

I didn't video anyone else, but cars of interest .....
  • Hellcat I raced, that guy got a 10.06
  • '80 Volare with a slant 6, 1 bbl ran 20.xx
  • Went heads up with a 454 Chevy 2wd short bed and I WON :D He ran a 16.20 against me... Super Nice kid, by the way.
  • PT Cruiser with a Blown 440 in it. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see him run just because he kept staging when I was in line.
  • Some really super fast "street" legal S10's drove in, with parachutes and the works. They raced "clocks off" but word was 8.50's
  • 5 people asked me throughout the day if I really drove it up from Az. LOL My "318willrun" plate :D

I didn't video anyone else, but cars of interest .....
  • Hellcat I raced, that guy got a 10.06
  • '80 Volare with a slant 6, 1 bbl ran 20.xx
  • Went heads up with a 454 Chevy 2wd short bed and I WON :D He ran a 16.20 against me... Super Nice kid, by the way.
  • PT Cruiser with a Blown 440 in it. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see him run just because he kept staging when I was in line.
  • Some really super fast "street" legal S10's drove in, with parachutes and the works. They raced "clocks off" but word was 8.50's
  • 5 people asked me throughout the day if I really drove it up from Az. LOL My "318willrun" plate :D

Forgive me.....but does the van have a 318?

Forgive me.....but does the van have a 318?
360 magnum. Really it's a stock magnum with a 670 Holley and headers. 727, hughes HD pulling converter (it's tight). Gears and weight unknown, but she's heavy.

360 magnum. Really it's a stock magnum with a 670 Holley and headers. 727, hughes HD pulling converter (it's tight). Gears and weight unknown, but she's heavy.

That's amazing it runs as strong as it does. I bet it would get some 13s in a dart.

I guessed 16.20. Maybe you can take it over the scales sometime. Good job!
EDIT Maybe we should guess the weight and the rear gears now! lol

Yes! It was in the video. He gave me 2 MT front runners (26x7.50)I'll use on Drag Truck, front adjustable shocks (competition engineering) for my Duster, and rear adjustable shocks for a Duster!

I`d be real critical of used front drag tires , they aint the most roadworthy tires in the world to start with , no way in hell I`d run used ones on the street !

I guessed 16.20. Maybe you can take it over the scales sometime. Good job!
EDIT Maybe we should guess the weight and the rear gears now! lol
For sure at some point we'll weigh it. We had a blast yesterday.

Nice job!
Boy, I was way off even knowing that some of the fastest cars on the lot were the ram van 1500. Only thing that felt faster was the dakota r/t .

My Dad had a 77 B200(250?) LWB 3/4 ton van, with the raised roof, full shag carpeting inside, and 6 captains chairs.
Originally a 318-2bbl. 3.2x rear gear.

That motor got replaced with a re-ringed 360 that had bowl ported 596 heads with 2.02 valves, std performer intake, 600vs Holley, headers, Comp 268H cam.
Reused the factory converter, and corrected the balance issue with a weighted B&M flexplate.
Rear tires were 275/60-15’s.

It was used to tow his race car to the track.
One time, an issue was discovered with the race car before even making the first pass of the day.
Car was loaded back on the trailer, trailer disconnected from the van...... van entered into street class.

It’s also went a 15.86.

My Dad had a 77 B200(250?) LWB 3/4 ton van, with the raised roof, full shag carpeting inside, and 6 captains chairs.
Originally a 318-2bbl. 3.2x rear gear.

That motor got replaced with a re-ringed 360 that had bowl ported 596 heads with 2.02 valves, std performer intake, 600vs Holley, headers, Comp 268H cam.
Reused the factory converter, and corrected the balance issue with a weighted B&M flexplate.
Rear tires were 275/60-15’s.

It was used to tow his race car to the track.
One time, an issue was discovered with the race car before even making the first pass of the day.
Car was loaded back on the trailer, trailer disconnected from the van...... van entered into street class.

It’s also went a 15.86.
that is awesome.... and weird ! Both vans 15.86 LOL.

That's impressive for that giant van. Any plans to upgrade anything and try to get 14s??

-
Back