Velocity stack

-

MoparMcK

Reaction score
Not sure if this is where this should be asked but it seems fitting.

What is everyones thoughts on velocity stacks? Mine would be a single 4 barrel and is primarily street driven. I just dig the old school look of them and feel that one would fit my future look of the car. Pros and cons please and thank you!!

Not sure if this is where this should be asked but it seems fitting.

What is everyones thoughts on velocity stacks? Mine would be a single 4 barrel and is primarily street driven. I just dig the old school look of them and feel that one would fit my future look of the car. Pros and cons please and thank you!!
I love them myself and I have two of them. Hood clearance is one issue proper filtration is another. The foam/mesh combo that comes with the velocity stacks are best used on a motor you don't care about. The foam can burn in a backfire or will simply dry out and fall into the carb and below.

I use them too
rb239_zpscaopm0zw.jpg

No way will I ever used that nasty foam for a filter. I would go without first. I've seen it catch fire and even fall apart

I agree. Nothing says old school better than velocity stacks on top of a tunnel ram.

Thanks for the input guys. I won't be running a tunnel ram on this setup but maybe another project down the road. Will most likely run a single stack in the future. Recently purchased a set of old school blue direct connection valve covers and plan to install them once it warms up. Then thinking about tossing the scoop I have and running the pro stock style. All sorts of old school going on. If I run that scoop I will for sure be getting a velocity stack on. LOL

-
Back