Vent window replacement 1967 Barracuda convertible

-

cuda67

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the vent window on this car? I have a broken vent lock on the passenger side and it can't be fixed. I bought a whole unit from e-bay $10.00 WOW. Now that I have it I ain't got a clue how to remove and replace. Thanks for any help.

Cuda67 -
Are you asking about removing only the glass and lock or the entire vent window and frame assembly?

I guess the whole vent window and frame. I really don't know. By looking at what I got on e-bay it is the whole window and frame. I thought it was possible to remove and replace just the vent window and the lock but what I am seeing is that in order to do that you would have to loosen the two small screws in the door that hold the pin at the bottom of the vent window and I can't see any way to do that while the assembly is in the door. It was a real effort to loosen those two screws on the unit I bought and they were on my work bench.

The assembly attaches with a screw accessible through the bottom of the door. I would recommend taking the trim panel off the door so that you can block the window glass from the bottom to keep it from rocking forward and to see what's going on when re-assembling

-
Back