Vent window seal difference?

-

C2ndLTpigeon

Mopar or no Car!
Reaction score
My 1973 plymouth Valiant needed new vent window seals, every one that I searched said 1967-1972, I could never find any that a for later years. I ended up purchasing these and they are made by Metro. They kind of fit the same but they don't seem to create an air tight seal.

Is there a difference between 67-72 seals and later year vent windows? If so where do you find them for 1973 and up.

My 1973 plymouth Valiant needed new vent window seals, every one that I searched said 1967-1972, I could never find any that a for later years. I ended up purchasing these and they are made by Metro. They kind of fit the same but they don't seem to create an air tight seal.

Is there a difference between 67-72 seals and later year vent windows? If so where do you find them for 1973 and up.

Hey C2ndLTpigeon,

I'm pretty sure they are the same vent window. I replaced mine with Metro Parts as well on my 68 Cuda and it might just take a little while for the new rubber to conform with your frame and glass. I helped the process along with a heat gun.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Hey C2ndLTpigeon,

I'm pretty sure they are the same vent window. I replaced mine with Metro Parts as well on my 68 Cuda and it might just take a little while for the new rubber to conform with your frame and glass. I helped the process along with a heat gun.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

I figured they might since I have some 72 Valiant doors and couldn't see the difference. It sucks that alot of parts the may work for 73 and up are never included everything seems to cut of on 1972. Ill see what they do. Thanks

-
Back