Vert door glass

-

Hank’sFS

Reaction score
68 convertible barracuda PS door glass. Looking for ideas to find this either repro or original in clear. Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Xtraoldestock - I tried to PM but your inbox is full
Anyone know Xtraoldstock? His mailbox is still full and I haven’t been able to contact him. I would appreciate anyone who knows him and could reach out and check in with him

At the risk of misinformation... First what we do know, Any Barracuda hardtop has a rounded roof line so obviously those door glasses will not work on a vert. We know Dart and Barracuda verts need a flat top door glass and we know that glass will work on both verts.
Now the questionable part that I read a few years ago... A Dart vert owner needed a door glass. He found that the Dart 2 door hardtop has a flat enough roof line for that donor glass to work in his vert.
If it worked on Dart vert it would work the same on Barracuda vert.
I have to imagine that Dart hardtop glass does have some difference or it wouldn't have a different part number. How much difference the upper weather strip on a vert can absorb is the question. Did that owner settle for a little additional wind noise? We don't know.
If I had access to a Dart hardtop door glass, I do have a straight edge / framing square, and a B'cuda vert. I would find out just how much difference there is.
Beyond all that I can only add that I got a drivers door glass for my 67 B'cuda vert from Wildcat Wrecking. It arrived with 67 Dart vert wrote on it. That too was several years ago.
Good luck, good hunting.

-
Back