vert rear panel courtesy lights

-

gtsproud

Reaction score
does anyone reproduce the courtesy lights that go in the rear panel on a 1969 dart convertible, if not any ideas are welcomed

Post a photo.

I seem to recall someone using a light from a trailer with only minor mods (adding a ground) not sure of the application.

Search the posts

Post a photo.

I seem to recall someone using a light from a trailer with only minor mods (adding a ground) not sure of the application.

Search the posts
Yeah there is a tag lamp fixture made for truck step bumpers that fits the hole but... It's lens is half shaded so all the light goes toward the license plate. It doesn't serve just right in this vert application. Better than nothing. I think its this one. Measure the hole before ordering.
License Plate Tag Light 12V 1.1/4 Insert Round Chrome Step bumper | eBay
It doesn't get the required chassis ground when mounted in plastic so one would need to solder on a ground wire.

Thanks for link Ben, that's the same thing I seen posted before. If done properly would look good I would think.
Yeah there is a tag lamp fixture made for truck step bumpers that fits the hole but... It's lens is half shaded so all the light goes toward the license plate. It doesn't serve just right in this vert application. Better than nothing. I think its this one. Measure the hole before ordering.
License Plate Tag Light 12V 1.1/4 Insert Round Chrome Step bumper | eBay
It doesn't get the required chassis ground when mounted in plastic so one would need to solder on a ground wire.

Thanks for link Ben, that's the same thing I seen posted before. If done properly would look good I would think.
If these fixtures are going to focus light only into the rear foot wells, dark carpet, especially black will absorb most of the light. Maybe add 2 more at the kick panels or center console to light front foot wells?

Here U go off of Ebay. There are tons of them listed. Just carefully check for correct size for your car.

s-l400.jpg

-
Back