-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Other-R-T-A108-Turbo-/301490025832

1969 Dodge Other "R/T" A108 Turbo

I built this van to a restomod look and finished it 2,5 years ago. All the rust was properly removed, new panels welded in, sanded and primed prior to paint. Both exterior colors are standard Porsche. Car has no dents or dings or scratches and it is very straight. Everything works very well. Original speedometer showed slightly under 52.000 miles and current Autometer speedo now reads little less than 4800 miles.

This van is a blast to drive and can be driven anywhere. It is many things in one package. Engine has been moved back slightly for weight distribution and clearance in order to be more of a mid-engined car without hacking any of the original sheetmetal. Everything is neatly packed inside so nobody on the street will have a clue until they hear the turbo whine and twin blow off valves making noise when you shift up. If you want to differ from the rest of the crowd then this van is one way to do it. Or you could put your company or shop logo on it and use it to promote your business.
Features:

Registered here in Finland as a passenger car for 8 people.
Body style: Rare factory body without side cargo doors, 8 passenger model
Interior: Black leather (seats, side panels and roof), unmodifiel engine compartment
Engine: 400cid Mopar big block with turbocharger and intercooler inside the standard engine doghouse
Trans: 4-speed Mopar A-833 manual transmission prepped by Passon Performance, modified cable operated column short throw shifter
Clutch: Steel Lakewood bell, dual disc race clutch
Rear: Mopar 8 3/4 inch limited slip differential with 3,23:1 gears
Other equipment: Electric water pump, aluminum radiator, special boost and ignition control, electric fan, engine oil cooler, remote filter, other custom work
Entertainment: Top quality stereo with subwoofer and custom equipment, CD and USB
Gauges: Custom cluster panel, Autometer Sport Comp series
Wheels and tires: 15 inch steel, 9 inch wide in the back, tires 195R15 in front and 255R15 in the back
Extras: NOS unused factory 400cid engine block (NEW), extra A-833 transmission, twin clutch discs, small miscellaneous items, owners manual and factory repair manual​

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Other-R-T-A108-Turbo-/301490025832

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 463
Looks like it was stretched. Pretty cool but the shipping cost would be a killer.

if you can drop 30000 on a 69 van, you can pay the K for shipping...offer him 30 shipped...

I would love to find a solid, local van like that. I could find an excuse to own one... Camping, fishing, parts runner, service van, lumber hauler, people mover, stuff hauler.. All the while driving a cool old Mopar.

Dumb question, but are these "A" vans on an A-body chassis?

those are hard to come by .....seems like either they are toilet vans or really nice over priced around these days .....the solid rust free project van seems far and in between.

I would have liked to find one to make a mobile repair shop with. There is a real solid project one local to me but I doubt I can swing the payments. :???:

those are hard to come by .....seems like either they are toilet vans or really nice over priced around these days .....the solid rust free project van seems far and in between.

I would have liked to find one to make a mobile repair shop with. There is a real solid project one local to me but I doubt I can swing the payments. :???:

What is a "toilet" van?

-
Back