zkx14

Duster De-ruster
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you to all our vets!

Attachments

• 2015-11-11 18.56.18.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 155
Military Brat here. Dad was in the US Air Force from 1950 - 1974. He served in Korea and 2 tours in the Nam 1967-1969. R.I.P Dad . Died at age 56 due to Agent Orange Exposure. Still miss you Dad.

A huge thanks to all that served this Great Nation !!!

It's the Soldier, by Charles M. Province

It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag

Thank you all that has served and serving today, I will never forget !

I visit here often.

Attachments

• 140.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 142.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 151.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 149
We can even appreciate that although their deaths were a great sacrifice, some of their lives (or the lives of their families & friends) were a great sacrifice with nightmares, PTSD, etc.

As a young teenager in the 1990's & the son of a Vietnam vet, I bought and read a bunch of autobiographies of Vietnam Vets' tours during the war (mostly some sort of Special Forces or Marines autobiographies).

Those Americans that wrote those stories filled my heart, but they also unveiled the dark side of that terrible burden.

Waking up to the reality that they were choking their wives, the mail man, anger issues, terrified that they would hurt their own children & cause the kid's fear of daddy, catching a practical joker in the neck with their bootstrap knife (LRRP point man)...I'll never forget the old photos of soldiers in shell shock delirium from WW1.

It's the readjustment & the sins that follow that the public is often oblivious to.

Vet's/cops/Fireman expose themselves to a horrific chaos that strips away your loving spirit and humanity-that is a risky sacrifice, gambling their very souls & the souls of those they love.

-
Back