Veterans On the Board

-
Greetings King_Viper. Thank you for all you do and have done. Enjoy the site and don't be affraid to jump right in the conversations.

Served w/ the Army 1970-73. Stationed in Landstuhl, Germany. Got a career, worked 40 years in it.... just retired from it

USAF enlisted in 08 still serving. Structural journeyman (carpenter) 28CES Ellsworth AFB, SD; OIF/OEF. A shout out to the ones who came before. It's because of you the service is what it is today. Thank you for all you've done.

66 to 69 Aschaffenberg, Germany U.S. Army S/P5=E5. Happy veterans day guys. Taking the Duster that sooooo many of you helped me restore with good parts, to a car show with the benifets going to injured vets! Thanks to every one who sold me these things. I now have over two dozen trophies in just the past year! Al

I served in the U.S. Navy for 10 years. USS California CGN-36, USS Acadia AD-42, and USS Cape Cod AD-43.

US Navy from 1987-89 on the USS Okinawa LPH-3 in Div 1 as a Boatswain's mate. Made 3rd class just as I got off the boat. The Okinawa was in the Gulf after the Stark was hit and returned to the States just before I got on. Went to dry dock for 10 months and then spent the rest of the time off the coast of CA doing training runs. Never saw much (Tijuana, San Diego and Portland - woo hoo).

Not much to crow about, but I served my time and was willing to do what I was asked to do. Not my fault I was never asked to do anything. ;-)

My thanks to all who have willingly stepped up to serve, especially in the line of fire. I truely don't feel worthy to be included in the ranks as a veteran.

Still serving proudly after 27 years, Ohio National Guard (10yr 4 mo) and 17+ years active duty. MOS 11C40P (Infanrty Mortarman) and 88N40P(Transportation Movement Manager).
Two, 1 year tours to Korea. Two trips to the big sand-box overseas. Also staioned at Fort Stewart, GA., Fort Irwin, CA., and Fort Hood, TX., where I am currently stationed working as a First Sergeant in a Wounded Warrior Brigade assisting soldiers recover from wounds/injuries suffered while deployed overseas.

Expert Infantry Badge
Airborne
AirAssault

Being someone suffering from peralisis my hat is off to those of you guys that help soldiers that come back wounded with permanent disabilities. As soon as I finish with the restomod on my dart I'm hoping to get some sponsorship to hit the road and take the car to different spinal hospitals and military bases to let soldiers and other people that you still can do things that may seem impossible when you can't stand. Hats off to all of you guys.

U.S. Army active 9/68-3/73. Vietnam 7/70-8/72 1st Cav 3 Corps. 45J Sp5 Aircraft Armament Cobras
Oregon Army National Guard 6/75-6/77. 11B Sgt. Joined for pocket money while going to school.
My son is on the forum, I don't know his user name. Oregon Air National Guard 2007-Present. Security Forces SSG. Iraq 2009.

My cars-66 Valiant Signet HT 273 2bbl 4 speed.
71 340 Duster Purchased from Chrysler Military Sales Corp. Sold 1979. I is still around. I've been talking to the owner for about 20 years. He's willing to sell it back to me if we can come to terms.
66 Barracuda 2bbl 273 AT. This may be going down the road if I get the Duster back.

US Air Force. Heavy Equipment Mechanic. 1980-1996. Lackland AFB, Tx, Castle Afb, Calif, Eielson AFB, AK, Moody AFB, Ga, Kwang Ju AB, Korea, Yokota AB, Japan, Bolling AFB, DC. 3 months in Saudi Arabia, 1 month in Italy.

U.S. Army 1997-2005, 45D & 63D Self Propelled Field Artillery Turret/Systems Mechanic. 1st Bn 7th FA 1st Infantry Division Schweinfurt, Germany. Been working for MWR ever since helping soldiers with their cars! 1 tour to Iraq OIF II. 1 tour to Kosovo 1999

SGT US ARMY 1988-95 33T20 IEW System Repairer. Stationed at Ft Devens,MA; Camp Hovey, ROK; Ft, Campbell, KY; Saudi Arabia; Iraq one of the troops in southern Iraq when "There are no troops in southern Iraq" was uttered.

Air Assult
LP/PZ

Retired Air Force (20 yrs) F-15 Crew Chief / Production Superintendent
Langley Virginia, Okinawa Japan, Osan Korea, lots of trips across the pond..
Desert Storm, Desert Shield, Operation just kidding 1 & 2, OIF, OEF, ONE
1FW/71st AMU "Iron"

Home from deployment 5 days ago, leaving again indefinitely in FEB
Was in Iraq with 5th AD and then 25th ID at the same time as dusted72, we crossed paths but could not get in touch while there I believe he was in Bahgdad and I was out west of Fallujah...
Enlisted Oct 87, still serving.
Navy Combat SAR Desert Storm left in Jan 93.
Army Guard - Co A, 3rd BTN 20th SFG(A) 94-97, returned to Navy CSAR 97-present.
Thought this was going to be my last one but...
Hey Dusted, thanks for keeping this thread going... Hope you are well brother.
And to all of you, thanks and God bless...
Rocky

I wanted to stop in and thank all of you that helped keep me free thank you all and god bless you all

Current US Army 11B (Infantry). Haven't deployed yet, only one year in.

To my brothers (and uncles, and grand-uncles) in arms: :salut:

Also, Tony Fields: The "SFC" rank pictured under your nephew is actually a MSg (Master Sergeant) insignia. SFC is 3 up 2 down, MSg is 3-3... fyi. :)

- CK

USAF 1987-2007 F-16 Pilot. Korea, Middle East-200+ hrs combat. Flew for 20 yrs-3,600 hours in the air. Moved every 1-2 yrs...Homestead, FL; Hill AFB, UT; Moody, GA; Langley, Va, to name a few places. Mr Duster moved with me...sure glad I kept him!

ARMY, 11B, 1986-1990 Fort Benning, Ga. Then Baumholder, Germany. Got out just in time to be recalled for desert storm. Made it to fort Lewis Washington for a month then the ground war ended at went home.

USAF 2FMS Barksdale AFB, LA 1986-1991. KC-135/B-52 Crew Chief, Desert Storm/Shield. Nothing but respect for all the Vets out there! Thank you for your service.

-
Back